Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Pittsburgh Scarehouse No Weapons allowed

Just another spookhouse I wont be going to this season. Thankfully freddys haunts has no policy , atleast not on their website.

If you are aware of any other places not permitting firearms this halloween season please post!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Scarehouse No Weapons allowed

Never had this problem before. I would, however, recommend Hundred Acre Manor. It's a good one. Have carried there for 4 years, no problems.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Washington County)

Well, not to get all anti here, but I sure as hell wouldn't want my wife carrying there. Would probably wind up being the largest mass shooting in Pittsburgh history.
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by BestDefense=StrongOffense View Post
    Never had this problem before. I would, however, recommend Hundred Acre Manor. It's a good one. Have carried there for 4 years, no problems.

OC or CC?

Depending on the weather it will most likely be CC with a jacket on

(Cambria County)

1. What kind of security is present?

2. If I were going to have some sort of 'scare house' I might be inclined to account for the implications of making my best effort to make my guests suffer the senstion of 'immediate fear of...'

If they do a good job making sure that no visitor can get weapons in, then I see this as an unusual circumstance where it makes sense to disallow weapons. You can damn well bet that I would not make my best effort to scare the shit out of someone if I knew the result of my effort could get me shot. Conversely, as wildly unlikely as it seems, I would not want to shoot some actor that got the better of my emotions.

The problem is in their enforcement. If their effort to restrict the introduction of weapons is limited strictly to signs, then I would not feel confident that all the people would comply with their policy. But if they run everyone through a metal detector I would likely be fine with leaving the gun in the car.

I know that 'common sense' gun regulation is bad ju-ju, but I have to be realistic about it in this case.

If the zombie jumps out at me and I am in immediate fear of the loss of my life would I be justified to shoot? Do the statutes/case law make exceptions for "Scarehouses?"

Yeah, I am sure the law could be construed appropriately, but if I were running the scarehouse, I would have metal detectors, searches and a solid compliment of armed/trained security to provide for your safety while I do my best to scare the shit out of you.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    OC or CC?

Depending on the weather it will most likely be CC with a jacket on
    Too many people/distractions to safely OC, IMO. Very popular, so its always packed. As far as security, usually two local cops standing near the bathrooms and one directing traffic. No pat-downs or metal detectors. No signage, no notice on the tickets. It's worth the hour+ drive for me.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by fragmag View Post
    Well, not to get all anti here, but I sure as hell wouldn't want my wife carrying there. Would probably wind up being the largest mass shooting in Pittsburgh history.
    My old lady leaves it in the car for one reason...clowns. she HATES clowns. We aren't allowed at Freddy's haunts because she kicked one in the junk two years ago. Chain saw clown tried to chase her and now we're banned.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    Just another spookhouse I wont be going to this season. Thankfully freddys haunts has no policy , atleast not on their website.

If you are aware of any other places not permitting firearms this halloween season please post!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    Why would you drive all the way to hopewell just to get spooked? You're already in Fayette-nam

(Northampton County)

I'm gonna have to say that I am in the "smart policy" camp. I worked private security at a place that included scarehouses. Assaults and similar injuries would skyrocket when the houses were open. This was because people would react to being startled and hit the performer (and they weren't even allowed to touch the guest).

If firearms were allowed, I could honestly see someone with a firearm instinctively reacting to being startled and shooting a performer. I don't even think one could claim that they were in fear for their life because they would have volunteered to go to a place where they should have known they would be startled/scared.

Overall, I can understand why a scarehouse would have such a policy. Sure, some people can do it just fine, but not everyone and the context is one of being frightened...

Beyond that, they are (usually) private property owners. They can regulate if firearms are on their property or not.

P.s. A friend of mine - who is an Army Captain - was in a scarehouse when a performer jumped on him... and ended up on the ground with a bloody nose. He explained what happened, that his military training kicked in, agreed to not come back, and nothing more ever came of it. Now if someone had a gun...

(Bucks County)

Iwould not attend one that didn't allow firearms, or at the very least, I'd not be looking for the sign saying I couldn't carry. Let me explain: People go there for a good time, and some people cannot have a good time without alcohol or drugs. So, yes there will be people there who are in 'altered states'. These are the jackasses that give me reason to carry EVERYDAY/ EVERYWHERE!

Alos, just because somebody WILL be along to give me a ration of shit for being anti-fun, I am totally FOR legalization of MJ. I do not drink, but if MJ were legal, I'd be enjoying a little buzz right now. I got off work an hour ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast