Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Wilson Combat CQB

After much research and deliberation, I've chosen my next pistol to be a full size WC CQB. When deciding on what features to go with I chose black Armor Tuff finish for slide and frame, Speed Chute, front and rear tritium sights, hex head grip screws and to omit the slide markings for a clean look. I decided against the ambi safety as I felt it was not necessary as I am right handed. I'd have no problem manipulating it in my left hand if need be. Is there anything you would consider to add and why? I'm just looking for some input and personal preferences.
    Last edited by dandito; September 11th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Who Dares Wins

(York County)

Default Re: Wilson Combat CQB

Sounds like a nice gun. I am sure you will like it. I have a few wilsons.
    What I would add would be to have the slide stop shortened and the frame countersunk. I'd go with the round butt (not that bobtail thing). All bulletproof parts. Not sure if you looked at it but maybe serated top of slide. Not sure if you like it or not but the gold bead front sight and "U" notch rear. The night sights are good but will fade away over time.

Their customer service is awesome. Don't be surprised if the wait is longer than you expect it to be especially since this is an election year.

Some advice would be to search their gallery of what others have bought and look at as many options as you can find. They have a picture thread on their forum at www.1911forum.com

Sid

(Montgomery County)

Congratulations on a great choice in a pistol.

I will second the flush cut and countersunk slide-stop. Bumping the nub on the right hand side of the pistol during operation can cause stoppages. Flush cutting the slide-stop really should be standard business these days IMO. Then again, I'm left handed so it is a much bigger issue for me. I also suggest to you that you look into an all black rear sight. The new battle sight that is standard comes with a .145 U notch arrangement. Very fast target acquisition. Your eyes do not get distracted by the extra dots so it takes less time to get your sight picture. There is a Wilson Combat rep over on the 1911 forum. He pretty much hates three dot tritium sights for this reason. A front tritium sight with a white outline is a nice option, so is the gold bead.

There are now three different types of mag wells made by Wilson. They have a new one piece unit that looks amazing. Make sure you research those and get the one that you want.

(Delaware County)

Another vote for the gold bead front sight. I just had one installed on my TRP and love it, my CQB E will be going back for one. Have you talked with George at Gunslingers? http://www.migunslingers.com/ He has them coming in regularly. He's a great guy to deal with. Check out his site.

No, I'm not associated with him, just one of his many satisfied customers.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(York County)

Another thought is they offer different length and style triggers now. When I got mine they only had the three holed ones.
    Here are a couple more options you may like for aesthetics
    Flush cut reversed crowned barrel
    Flute barrel chamber
    Removal of front slide serrations (A naked slide looks good w/o them in my opinion.
    There are also different mags.
    On the 1911 forum there is a post by the Wilson Rep with a link to a High-res gallery with over 300 pics. You should get some ideas there and you can see what the options look like so you know what you are getting.

Sid

I did go with the battlesight. My order went in yesterday, now the hard part, waiting. I'll post pictures when it comes in, the rep said it is taking between 16 and 24 months right now. Thanks for the input everyone.
    Who Dares Wins