Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default would you keep this springfield micro 45, opinions needed

Ok so I just received my new Springfield micro compact 45 with the rail, I ordered it online from ky gun co and it arrived at my ffl yesterday, so last night I went to pick it up and have the transfer done, as he was doing the paper work I looked over the gun and it seemed to be in good condition but I was also in my Christmas stage

Anyways after further looking it over today I discovered some little things wrong with it, now this gun was a floor model but the only one I can find after days of calling shops and looking online, I was only able to find one other one after I purchased this one but im not even sure if its actually in stock because it states "in the warehouse not in store"

So here's what I found, a few scratches on the front of the barrel, only one of them is pretty bad like half an inch long the other few I think 2 more you can barely notice, this is not the first time though I've seen scratches on the tip of the barrel

Next there is a small chip on the front sight probably caused from punching it in place, again not the first time I've seen this as I know these sights have to be punched in

Last there is a small chip on the left side of the safety back strap of the gun, probably the size of the pointy end of a regular size nail

Now idk if its worth keeping with these minor things because like I said almost impossible to locate and if I locate another one idk if it'll be worse or not

So what do you recommend, also the gun was missing all the little pieces like the allen key and the tool needed to take it apart and any other little thing it came with also it didn't have the first shell that was fired out, that wasn't in the case

Now the online store said they'll contact Springfield and get me all the little tools that are missing but if course there is nothing you can do about the missing shell

So please recommendations also pics will come when I get home from work

(Northampton County)

Default Re: would you keep this springfield micro 45, opinions needed

It's really up to how much it bothers you. Sights can be replaced, hell you can even have the gun duracoated.

So it really is about how much the little things are gonna bother you. If that's the gun you really want and really had a hard time finding that one I'd keep it. Like I said its fixable problems if you feel the need to.

Plus I doubt you'd get your money back since you accepted the transfer so that's out of the picture, your not gonna get your money back trading it in, and I don't know if you want to wait to sell then wait to find a new one.

I say keep it or give it to me

(Centre County)

(hard to say without seeing the damage which you discribe, but likely I wouldn't worry about it
    You can always refinish the weapon if you so chose.
    You now have perfect excuese to replace the sight.

I mean seller did disclose that the its not new gun, correct?
    If it was floor model, it may have been handled alot, may have hit corner of display case while go in and out.

I mean if the weapon showed up with safety lever broken off or won't lock up tight or something major like that, then yes, I would complain, but otherwise, small cosmetics, I would just let it go.

I would let seller know that your bit taken by the condition of the weapon(nicely), tho.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Did you get a discount for the missing pieces and scratches? If not, you paid a new price for a gun that is in "used gun" condition (regardless if it is pre-owned or not).

To me, new means new...box and accessories are included and there are no scratches, etc...

"Anyways after further looking it over today I discovered some little things wrong with it, now this gun was a floor model but the only one I can find after days of calling shops and looking online, I was only able to find one other one after I purchased this one but im not even sure if its actually in stock because it states "in the warehouse not in store"
    "

This is the one you should have gone after..."in the warehouse" means it hasn't been put on display at all..

Is there an inspection period? If so Id see if it can be sent back, although since the transfer has already occurred I doubt that it can.

Alternatively, you can just contact springfield and tell them what the issues are and they will probably take care of you via their warranty.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Did you get a discount for the missing pieces and scratches? If not, you paid a new price for a gun that is in "used gun" condition (regardless if it is pre-owned or not).

To me, new means new...box and accessories are included and there are no scratches, etc...
    ^^^This^^^

New means new. I don't care if it's a "floor model" or not, but there sure as hell shouldn't be visible damage on it.

Well im still in discussion with the retailer, I was told by a customer service rep I can receive a refund if wanted, I just hope they mean it and if not I guess I have to contact Springfield and see if they can help me out

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    Well im still in discussion with the retailer, I was told by a customer service rep I can receive a refund if wanted, I just hope they mean it and if not I guess I have to contact Springfield and see if they can help me out
    Why don't you just see if the retailer will exchange it?

Well every thing is taken care of, I sent them pics showing everything and they apologized and are giving me a full refund, this was the only one they had in stock so now I have to look elsewhere

(Allegheny County)

I just bought one online through gunbroker and when I picked it up everything was there except the spent shell casing. The seller was Buckeye Firearms on Rodgers, OH and I had it shipped to Island Firearms in Neville Island. Is it a big deal that I don't have the casing?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlone View Post
    I just bought one online through gunbroker and when I picked it up everything was there except the spent shell casing. The seller was Buckeye Firearms on Rodgers, OH and I had it shipped to Island Firearms in Neville Island. Is it a big deal that I don't have the casing?
    Not a big deal at all, just something they do that many other manufacturers don't, its nice to have but it could've been lost or maybe not even packaged

How's the condition, and make sure you have the tool to take it apart because it'll be a pain without it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast