Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County Parks

From their website listing prohibited activities in County Parks:

Section 8. Weapons and Explosives

a.Discharge of any firearm or weapon including but not limited to handguns, rifles, shotguns, crossbow, bow and arrow, air rifle or pistol, any devise firing a projectile by compressed gas or spring, such as paintball devices or as otherwise specifically allowed by permit issued by the Parks Department;
    b.Brandishing of a firearm or weapon including but not limited to handguns, rifles, shotguns, crossbow, bow and arrow, air riffle or pistol, any devise firing a projectile by compressed gas or spring, such as paintball devices except as otherwise specifically allowed by permit issued by the Parks Department. Firearms may be transported through the Park if kept in a car trunk, enclosed in a case, or otherwise inaccessible to use. Nothing contained herein shall prohibit any person licensed under the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act, 18. P.S. §6109 from possession of a firearm as defined in Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act, 18 P.S. §6102.

So in reading it, it first looks like I can't drive through an Allegheny County Park without removing my firearm from my person and making it inaccessible...BUT...
    then the last line seems to say PUFA trumps it and I can carry as long as I'm not in violation of the state statute. Sooooooo.......which is it?

Is it legal to carry in/on a vehicle?

For that matter....how do you suppose they are defining brandishing? OC? In hand? Waving like a madman?

Have I mentioned how much I hate "vague"?

Are they just reiterating the state statute meaning....if you have a LTCF, you can carry in your vehicle. If you don't have an LTCF then it must be inaccessible when in/on a vehicle. If they are just reiterating...why bother?

Otherwise it looks like with an LTCF I can carry in my car or on my bike. It looks like CC is not prohibited. Pending definition of "brandishing", OC might be unwise.
    Last edited by tvtog; September 11th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.

(Allegheny County)