Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Concealed carrier stops shooting rampage at local bar

I hope this hasn't already been posted and I missed it,

PLYMOUTH – Amanda Luzetsky said Monday she believes her brother, Scott Luzetsky, was leaving Bonnie’s Bar when gunfire erupted just before 2 a.m. Sunday.

Her brother made it outside, where he was fatally shot trying to escape. Another victim, Stephen Hollman, was found critically injured on the bar’s floor with a gunshot wound to his head.

State police at Wyoming said the alleged gunman, William Allabaugh, 25, chased after another patron, Mark Ktytor, who removed his own weapon from a holster and fired, striking Allabaugh twice in the abdomen. He told investigators he fired four shots at Allabaugh.

Ktytor, 35, of Plymouth, has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, state police said. He is not expected to be charged.

“My brother was a harmless soul,” Amanda Luzetsky said. “He was just an innocent bystander who got caught in the crossfire on his way home.”

Scene of chaos

A criminal complaint filed against Allabaugh charging him in the deadly shooting describes a scene of chaos inside and outside Bonnie’s Bar on East Main Street.

Bar patrons told investigators that Allabaugh, of 430 E. Main St., Plymouth, arrived at the tavern with his brother, Jared Allabaugh, and Kevin Farrell on Saturday night.

Sometime around 8 p.m., a patron complained about William Allabaugh making racial slurs. A bartender advised Allabaugh to stop or he would be thrown out.

Several hours later, patrons again complained about Allabaugh carrying a gun.

The bar manager, Bob Wallace, asked Allabaugh if he had a gun.

Allabaugh became upset, and yelled he did not have any weapons.

Seconds later, the bartender allegedly observed Allabaugh raising his arm and heard a “pop” before seeing Hollman fall to the floor.

Allabaugh ran outside and patrons heard multiple shots, the complaint says.

Ktytor told investigators he arrived at the bar with his girlfriend and a friend at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Ktytor was talking to Wallace when he heard a “pop” and patrons yelling someone had been shot.

Ktytor went outside as Wallace was saying, “There’s the shooter,” pointing at Allabaugh standing in the middle of East Main Street, the complaint says.

Allabaugh allegedly fired more rounds forcing Ktytor and others to take cover behind parked vehicles. Allabaugh began walking back to the bar as Ktytor and Wallace walked away hiding behind cars along the street.

Ktytor told investigators he removed his gun and fired four rounds when Allabaugh allegedly aimed the gun at him, according to the complaint.

Police found a bloody Allabaugh lying face up in a parking lot near the bar.

An autopsy Monday by forensic pathologist Dr. Gary Ross revealed Luzetsky, 39, died from multiple gunshot wounds. His death was ruled a homicide.

Hollman, 29, of East Main Street, Plymouth, remained in critical condition Monday at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Plains Township. Allabaugh is also listed in critical condition at Geisinger Wyoming Valley.

Sister returned Monday

Amanda Luzetsky returned to Bonnie’s Bar on Monday writing several memorial messages on the sidewalk next to the tavern.

“He wasn’t involved in any of the violence or the shooting,” Amanda Luzetsky said. “He was trying to leave when the trouble started and he got caught up in the mix.”

State police charged Allabaugh, who was recently discharged from the U.S. Air Force, with criminal homicide and criminal attempt to commit homicide. He underwent surgery Monday and is expected to be arraigned on the charges at a later date.

“I hope he survives and he rots in a cell for the rest of his life knowing what he did to our family,” Amanda Luzetsky said. “My brother was walking home, he was a harmless soul.”

Two women who were smoking cigarettes on the front porch of Ktytor’s Vine Street home and refused to identify themselves said neither they nor Ktytor would comment for this story.

State police said they found a .380-caliber pistol Allabaugh allegedly used in the shooting. The gun was loaded with hollow point bullets, the complaint says.
    http://timesleader.com/stories/The-d...ss-soul,203443

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Concealed carrier stops shooting rampage at local bar

Water and oil= liquor and Guns.

(Chester County)

Guns and alcohol don't mix.

(Luzerne County)

I read that the bad guy also had a LTCF.

Edit: Here http://timesleader.com/stories/Shoot...203829?print=1
    Last edited by Johncj5; September 12th, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by IGPJAP View Post
    Guns and alcohol don't mix.
    The good guy also was carrying in a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Johncj5 View Post
    The good guy also was carrying in a bar.
    Being in a bar does not imply drinking.

My personal view on it:

Having a beer with dinner while carrying? No problem.

Going to the local pub to get sloshed while carrying? Problem.

(Luzerne County)

what gets me, apparently the reason he did this was because they wanted to kick the bad guy out because he was open carrying and other patrons were not happy with it... what about the guy who took him out? I wonder if they were happy with him?

http://www.citizensvoice.com/news/po...oked-1.1371854

the website sucks ass today, keeps going down, but that's today's post.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    what gets me, apparently the reason he did this was because they wanted to kick the bad guy out because he was open carrying and other patrons were not happy with it... what about the guy who took him out? I wonder if they were happy with him?

http://www.citizensvoice.com/news/po...oked-1.1371854

the website sucks ass today, keeps going down, but that's today's post.
    I didn't see anything in either article about open carrying. I think they wanted him out because of the racial slurs AND the apparent later discovery that he had a gun.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Luzerne County)

William Allabaugh, described as an unemployed loner with a fascination for guns, simply flipped out and started firing his semi-automatic pistol after being asked to leave the bar because customers complained he was armed, they said.

(are you kidding me, a quote doesn't count as 10 characters?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast