Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philly/DELCO/Lower Bucks SHTF group

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    For those that have expressed an interest in joining, but who have few posts on the forum, please introduce yourself here.
    I'd like to meet up with the group and see what we can learn from each other. No military or special training to offer so I'll let you guys argue it out and make an unbiased decision on who's wrong

Grew up in a rural environment (60 miles from town/grocery store) and I'm used to fixing things and resolving problems myself instead of calling in a "professional". Of course that may just mean more work for the professional when they're finally called.

I have seen several episodes of doomsday preppers so I know everything I need and am happy to share

Nice to meet you. I'm sure everyone has something to offer in any disaster, even if it's just a strong back, an extra set of eyes, or a different perspective on a problem.

I'm back in the area. I'll join in on the festivities however; I do live in upper bucks county so I'll also be meeting with some of the other folks from around the perkasie area as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

It's cool. I don't think that we're looking to create some sort of a militia here, just an informal get together (i dont even want to use the word meeting, as it strikes me as too formal) to discuss various aspects of a variety of possible SHTF scenarios.

(Delaware County)

Brief intro for me...55 years old, Army helicopters in Germany 1975-1978. Currently work for large air transportation company (almost 34 years now), first as an A&P tech, now district mgr of airline tech ops.

Responsible person, like to assist wherever I can when I see somebody who needs it (somebody broken down on side of road, helping assist victims or direct traffic if coming upon fresh accident scene). Formed a strong neighborhood town watch in Macungie and tried to get a regional police force going (political lead balloon). Civic-minded, looking to better our world in small ways.

Try to be self-reliant, fixing my cars, motorcycle, house, etc but know when to call for professionals. Handy with tools and overcoming mechanical problems.

Don't post much here but am on several times a day.

Hopefully that's enough info for you Valorius...I don't do "casting couches" (LOL).

(Bucks County)

I have some interest, but I don't go any further into Philly then Holt's on townsend rd unless I have to. I'm 40, Eagle Scout, non military but my dad was 20yrs in the navy. I also do not offend easily..... my current plan include GTFO fast other then that I'm open to suggestions

That does bring up a good question, where to meet.

Anyone want to volunteer and/or suggest a get together location?

I'll play.
    I have access to pharma grade 5 -7gal buckets with locking airtight lids for food storage, empty, sterile Iso Alch 5 gallon jugs for water storage,35-55 gal drums, etc.
    Let me know where. A public park like Ridley or Evansburg would be rather inconspicuous. No beer allowed though.
    I hunt and fish, spend a lot of time out doors. I have been prepping for a while. no military training.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Welcome Big Andy.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Notice: There will be adult language and some friendly inter branch shit talking. Paratroopers are welcome, but Marines must prove that they are capable of forming a smile before they will be admitted. Civilian pukes/PFCs (translation: People that were smart enough not to join the military) also welcome!

I cant believe I missed this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast