Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

(Philadelphia County)

Default Gay and in the NRA

Why is it that folks are surprised that there's gay gun owners? Anyway, I am one. Both these I took with me to TX visiting folks.

R870 - this and a R850 I use for HD:

Poseur'ing before cleaning another weekend toy...

Will take another pic when I replace my Taurus (CC).

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Gay and in the NRA

I'm a happy gun owner.

On a serious note, I'm not surprised. Nor does it bother me. I have gay family members and friends. I've even been to a gay bar, it was awkward at first then it was fun.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I'm a happy gun owner.

On a serious note, I'm not surprised. Nor does it bother me. I have gay family members and friends. I've even been to a gay bar, it was awkward at first then it was fun.
    Most gay bars in PA are pretty sad but there's a few good ones around. Gays don't use bars anymore to date since the invention of the smart phone and acceptance in society is greater than it used to be, so a lot of the sketchier ones that used to exist have since closed and the more generic ones that cater to everybody are what's left.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    Most gay bars in PA are pretty sad but there's a few good ones around. Gays don't use bars anymore to date since the invention of the smart phone and acceptance in society is greater than it used to be, so a lot of the sketchier ones that used to exist have since closed and the more generic ones that cater to everybody are what's left.
    Hey-are you the same Arctic Splash from Philly Speaks? Good to meet you. I remember back in the late 90s, Woody's was a great place for all sorts-did it go lame? Was there once after a wedding (Bride's man of honor was, well, a man) and he worked there or some such. We went, wife damn near killed me, as I was practicing my tolerance and acceptance of one of the hags that was there. Great place back before homework and girls' soccer took over my life.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Topperoni View Post
    Hey-are you the same Arctic Splash from Philly Speaks? Good to meet you. I remember back in the late 90s, Woody's was a great place for all sorts-did it go lame? Was there once after a wedding (Bride's man of honor was, well, a man) and he worked there or some such. We went, wife damn near killed me, as I was practicing my tolerance and acceptance of one of the hags that was there. Great place back before homework and girls' soccer took over my life.
    It's been turned into a gastropub-ish type thing on the downstairs with a ton of craft brews on tap. Tourists outnumber the gays. Upstairs is still pretty much the same though.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Topperoni View Post
    I see ArcticSplash's posts over at Phillyspeaks too! Nice to see him here as well! I appreciate seeing other law-abiding gun owners from Philly exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. Law-abiding citizens shouldn't fear the criminals. The criminals should fear law-abiding citizens. It matters not to me whether one is black/white/gay/straight/male/female/etc. We all have a common goal.
    Last edited by lemko; September 13th, 2012 at 08:56 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    acceptance in society is greater than it used to be,
    Wait what?!!....But......but...the left keeps saying that we're more racist and bigoted than ever...!!!!

(Schuylkill County)

Why have we not seen a "Straight and in the NRA" thread?

This seems like trolling. Nobody cares about your sexual preferences... Until YOU bring it up as a challenge. Hey everybody, look over here, I'm gay and I shoot guns. You can see the chip on your shoulder in the second photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post

This seems like trolling. Nobody cares about your sexual preferences... Until YOU bring it up as a challenge. Hey everybody, look over here, I'm gay and I shoot guns. You can see the chip on your shoulder in the second photo.

You should check this book out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post

Actually the OP starts out with;
    "Why is it that folks are surprised that there's gay gun owners? Anyway, I am one."

He asks a legitimate question (which no one has really bothered to answer).
    I guess the answer is that people are surprised that there's gay gun owners because some people are accustomed to gun ownership and shooting sports being a good ole boy club. Many people would further classify it as the domain of non-liberals.

"Why is it that folks are surprised there's liberal gun owners?" would also be a legitimate question.

Why is it that when someone posts "My wife got her LTCF" they get lots of positive comments and +rep? Or when women post about shooting they get pats on the back. No one accuses them of grandstanding or issuing a challenge.

The anti-gun public paints gun owners as redneck, uneducated types bent on violence or on overthrowing the government or whatever the hell it is that they're accusing us of this week in the media. Personally I like to hear about diversity in gun ownership. I want to hear about women, men, gay/lesbian, crossing guards, college professors and Indian chiefs. I'm constantly being surprised by people I wouldn't have imagined as gun owners. The tables are turning and it's the anti-gun people who are small minded and make far too many assumptions.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast