Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gay and in the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack172 View Post
    I live my life by the bible and it speaks against homosexuality several times. Remember sodom and gommorah? They were destroyed because of it. Eating pork and shellfish was an old jewish law because they were unclean animals. We don't give animals as sacrifices anymore do we? I cannot believe how acceptable disgusting things have become. I do not support gay rights and I don't protest against them either, it is simply my faith. If you don't share it that is ok just don't tell me im going to your twisted belief in a burning tortuous hell because of it.
    Laws against eating pork and selfish is in the OLD TESTAMENT of the BIBLE. You know that is where the "old Jewish laws" come from right? They have the same book as you.

While the Bible does speak out against sacrifice in several places, most importantly in the new testament, Jesus never says it is okay to eat the unclean animals, nor does any book have Jesus enjoying a good surf and turf meal of shrimp and bacon. So, the sad fact of the matter is that this law, laid down in the Old Testament, just like your anti-gay nonsense.

BTW, you also cannot shave or grow multiple crops in a field. Or you go to hell. If I see you post on Sunday give me your address too, so I can come to your house and stone you for not keeping holy the Sabbath.

Or you can grow up, support individual liberty like all Americans should, and follow the teaching of CHRIST in the New testament, rather than the barbaric and hateful laws of the Old Testament, you know, since you pretend to be a CHRISTian and all.
    Repeal the 17th Amendment

I live my life by the bible and it speaks against homosexuality several times. Remember sodom and gommorah? They were destroyed because of it. Eating pork and shellfish was an old jewish law because they were unclean animals. We don't give animals as sacrifices anymore do we? I cannot believe how acceptable disgusting things have become. I do not support gay rights and I don't protest against them either, it is simply my faith. If you don't share it that is ok just don't tell me im going to your twisted belief in a burning tortuous hell because of it.
    Wait a minute, I know this type of rhetoric!...do you belong to Westboro Baptist Church?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Delaware County)

nothing wrong with it!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bucks County)

I live my life by the bible and it speaks against homosexuality several times.
    Most people who say they "live by the Bible" in fact would choose Jesus over the Bible; some wouldn't, but most would. And quite a number of times, he indicated that some or another proclamation that is documented in what Christians now call "The Old Testament" was to be considered superseded.

Pointedly, he also himself said nothing about homosexuality; in fact he said very little about sex at all, except to show charity to a woman who was perceived by the community as "fallen."

St. Paul, on the other hand, who never personally knew Jesus during the latter's lifetime, came at things from the perspective of a very zealous and fundamentalist Jew. It's from Paul that we get the sort of harshness that Jesus seemed to want to remove from the Jewish tradition.

The face of Christianity might have been considerably different had the early church decided that the Pauline letters were valuable more as interesting biographical information versus having the full weight of authoritarian doctrine.

But if you want to control people, you do pretty well with old St. Paul. And by the time they were deciding what was "in" and what was "out" of the "Bible," the institution was looking for ways in which to keep people under control.

(Monroe County)

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress."

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat222 View Post
    Laws against eating pork and selfish is in the OLD TESTAMENT of the BIBLE. You know that is where the "old Jewish laws" come from right? They have the same book as you.

While the Bible does speak out against sacrifice in several places, most importantly in the new testament, Jesus never says it is okay to eat the unclean animals, nor does any book have Jesus enjoying a good surf and turf meal of shrimp and bacon. So, the sad fact of the matter is that this law, laid down in the Old Testament, just like your anti-gay nonsense.

BTW, you also cannot shave or grow multiple crops in a field. Or you go to hell. If I see you post on Sunday give me your address too, so I can come to your house and stone you for not keeping holy the Sabbath.

Or you can grow up, support individual liberty like all Americans should, and follow the teaching of CHRIST in the New testament, rather than the barbaric and hateful laws of the Old Testament, you know, since you pretend to be a CHRISTian and all.
    Hebrews 8:13 Col. 2:13-16 shows that christians are no longer under the mosaic law but are under the "new covenant" it was even prophesied in the hebrew scriptures at Jer. 31:31-34 that God would bring about a new covenant with his people.
    Don't label me as saying anti gay nonsense either, Lev.20:13*“‘And when a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them. (I'm not saying they should be put to death because I am not the judge of any human)
    Tell me is this anti gay nonsense? You can give me a hundred reasons why we shouldn't listen to the apostle Paul, or that no matter what God still loves you, but this was not just a law it was and is a bible principle. They never change as laws can.
    I follow the teachings of christ and his congregation and scriptures like
    Rom 1:24-27 1 Tim 9:1-11 and Jude 7 tell me God, the father, and Jesus disapprove of homosexuality.
    I do not pretend to be a christian and, as I said before, am not a gay basher or activist, just voicing my belief and reasoning on the subject as everyone else has on this thread. It would be nice to not have my beliefs bashed, be condemed to hell, or be threatend to be stoned also. Thank you.

(Monroe County)

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Washington County)

And then there was one.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Chester County)

Look, whatever your into, what ever bible you hold and what ever politics you follow, if your on here you should be supporting the second ammendment. PLEASE vote pro gun this election and obama/biden is not it. What is critical is the supreme court appointments to come up this term and we have to preserve our 2nd ammendment rights. And i'm not naive enough to think romney is nugent, but at least he stands alongside the nra. Obama would have us all on the watch list if we arent already.

OP - glad to see your shooting your guns whatever the target! Not me though please. Haha
    Last edited by armyrecon; September 12th, 2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Grammar

It doesnt bother me that youre in the NRA but why do you feel the need to tell everyone youre gay?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast