Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Gay and in the NRA

I'm a Christian and I believe homosexuality is wrong, in addition I'm a sinner and without Jesus Christ I am wrong. I'm not going to pat someone on the back and tell them being gay is ok. I don't expect anyone to tell me my sins are ok.

Flame away!

(Berks County)

I get a good laugh out of everybody cherry picking verses and interpreting the bible to say one thing or another on any given topic. How can you gather any sense of direction from a book that has every view point on any given subject?

I understand why Homosexuals make a big deal out of their orientation. They have been suppressed for no real good reason for a long time and now that the ball of acceptance is starting to gain some speed everyone is jumping on for the last good push to make it acceptable in society's eyes so that they can have the same rights and privileges as everyone else. In the 60's Black people were in a similar situation there were sects of religion that considered them the mark of Cane and came up with religious reasons not to accept them. Now everyone sees it as it was, good ol' fashion bigotry.

I will bet that the majority of people on this forum have read or at least believe strongly in civil rights. Those spelled out in the Constitution that of which begins with...

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

"People" does not mean straight white Anglo Saxon protestant.

"perfect Union" does not mean racist, sexist, homophobic club.

So while everybody is free to express their opinion everyone else is free to condemn that which does not "insure domestic tranquility."

(Montgomery County)

What you do with your personal life is up to do. Be proud of who you are, and were glad that youre a part of the NRA!
    Now if you admitted to being a Democrat, we might not be so accepting...
    Kidding. Sort of.
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by masakarijoe View Post
    What you do with your personal life is up to do. Be proud of who you are, and were glad that youre a part of the NRA!
    Now if you admitted to being a Democrat, we might not be so accepting...
    Kidding. Sort of.
    Lifelong 3rd-generation Democrat here. Stuck stamps for Eugene McCarthy as a little kid in 1968. Absolute, strict, 2A constructionist. Know what? The Dems are a lot more scared of me than they are of GOP members, because there are a lot like me who can swing an election either by jumping to the GOP candidates (as happened when Reagan got in and 2 years ago), or by staying home. We keep our party under some semblance of control on 2A issues.

They know Republicans votes are lost to them. Mine, they worry about.

Treat us nice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
    A quote that I read that helps me keep faith in perspective:

"He who is humble in his thoughts and engaged in spiritual work, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will apply everything to himself and not to someone else" +St. Mark the Ascetic (5th c.)

Anyhow~is the mini14 working well for ya? I had bought a SS model when I was the Corps a hundred years ago and ended up trading it in and getting a Colt CAR-15 (wish I still had both)...I think I wasn't patient enough breaking it in or something but had a lot of feeding problems.
    actually a mod "ranch" mini 30 - has had some very infrequent jamming issues but I left it in TX for my father to put in the shop. He's more patient and thorough at cleaning than I.

Cannot wait for my new Taurus 1911 to arrive. Ranges for long guns are far away from the City for me and longs are all I really shoot. Picked a pistol that is ridiculously safe and also so I can start going to ranges within the city.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
    Lifelong 3rd-generation Democrat here. Stuck stamps for Eugene McCarthy as a little kid in 1968. Absolute, strict, 2A constructionist. Know what? The Dems are a lot more scared of me than they are of GOP members, because there are a lot like me who can swing an election either by jumping to the GOP candidates (as happened when Reagan got in and 2 years ago), or by staying home. We keep our party under some semblance of control on 2A issues.

They know Republicans votes are lost to them. Mine, they worry about.

Treat us nice.
    True that. PA-Dems saved the 2A in PA by sheer numbers.

Life-long Republican and I regret both Bushes, especially GeeeDub II. And we know what havoc Mitney wrought on Mass, unless he starts waving Form-4s with canceled stamps; I don't trust him just 'cause he joined the NRA out of political need.

I just don't trust the gazillionaires that take care of their billionaire and millionaire buddies. Repubs lost it on me by their OUTRIGHT REFUSAL to tax the Kardashian-klasses that contribute SO HEAVILY to the LEFT. They don't understand that there is a far larger underclass of us than there are limo liberals.

Jury is out on Corbett, but we did need the strong meds he gave us.
    Last edited by nfafan; September 17th, 2012 at 07:37 AM.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    That's the other stereotype---gays and fashion sense. I don't fit well into that one either.
    You're really doing it wrong

(And the NRA sucks)

(Susquehanna County)

I just joined this forum and I have to say I enjoyed this thread immensely. You would think gay people carry some kind of contagious disease that would cause others to become gay if they are in the same thread/on the same website/in the same area code, judging from some of the reactions I've seen on the web.

@OP You are who you are, be proud of it. Maybe other gay NRA members are afraid to announce their orientation? Who knows. I won't even bash the attire, I literally roll out of bed and grab whatever is closest to me for the days clothes so it'd be hypocritical of me if I did ;D
    Smith & Wesson M&P9 / Marlin .22 Magnum

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrelok View Post
    I just joined this forum and I have to say I enjoyed this thread immensely. You would think gay people carry some kind of contagious disease that would cause others to become gay if they are in the same thread/on the same website/in the same area code, judging from some of the reactions I've seen on the web.

@OP You are who you are, be proud of it. Maybe other gay NRA members are afraid to announce their orientation? Who knows. I won't even bash the attire, I literally roll out of bed and grab whatever is closest to me for the days clothes so it'd be hypocritical of me if I did ;D
    Can someone make me some rainbow flag grips? ROFL

The stork arrived this morning and delivered my birthday present.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    Can someone make me some rainbow flag grips? ROFL

The stork arrived this morning and delivered my birthday present.

Just watch the thumb safety on it when you take the grips off. The Taurus seems to be known for the ambi safety coming apart.

I had one, good shooter for the $.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast