Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Breaking the law...

id bet that %95+ of us break the law on a day to day basis. speeding, not using a turn signal, lack of a seatbelt, shooting too close to a road, placing an ar15 pistol upper on a rifle lower just to see what it looks like yadda yadda yadda.

to what degree are you willing to go is the question... i know some of us drive like a bat out of hell, and some of us hit every blinker and dont go over the posted speed limit EVER (and this drives me nuckin futs some times)

some of the illegal activities we do on a day to day basis are harmless 99.9% of the time. we all know laws are made for a reason. some of those reasons are DMAN good (obviously depending on the law.) Some of those reasons are just plain stupid.

laws are made for a few reasons. mostly to keep people "safe." some times to keep other people "safe." i was reading the post about puting a deer's lights out because it had been hit. we have to have a law stating it is illegal to kill a disabled deer because people attempt to poach. the law isnt followed much because most of the time you can prove that the deer was hit by an automobile and needed put down. this law was made because other thought poaching as one of those "55mph really means 65mph" kinds of deals.

so, i ask... how far is too far? where do you draw the line? there are things i will do in life that are illegal and "dangerous" in others eyes. i dont even think twice about them. but im not talking about knocking over a bank or anything like that. little stuff, mostly traffic related. I draw the line at other peoples saftey. if i hurt MYSELF, no harm no fowl. my own stupidity can get ME hurt. but i refuse to put OTHER people in danger... if i hurt someone else, no matter if i get hurt or not, its not fair to them.

its more of a rhetorical question... no need to answer, as answering could get you in trouble... lol
    This Space For Rent

(Chester County)

Default Re: Breaking the law...

I only break the law when I know it's Ok. Fortunately, I was blessed with the uncanny ability to know exactly what laws are OK to ignore, and which ones should be followed to the letter. Now if everyone would just do everything exactly as I do, drive the way I do, think the way I think, things would be just dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I only break the law when I know it's Ok. Fortunately, I was blessed with the uncanny ability to know exactly what laws are OK to ignore, and which ones should be followed to the letter. Now if everyone would just do everything exactly as I do, drive the way I do, think the way I think, things would be just dandy.
    lol... yeah, it is obviously a THIN line...
    This Space For Rent

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

There are a few sexual laws on the books i definately broke. In fact it's illegel to have buttsex, or to use any "foreign object" to penetrate a girl.

I'm not saying I did any of those. Everyone who knows me knows i'm saving myself for marriage anyway.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    There are a few sexual laws on the books i definately broke. In fact it's illegel to have buttsex, or to use any "foreign object" to penetrate a girl.

I'm not saying I did any of those. Everyone who knows me knows i'm saving myself for marriage anyway.
    TMI......................
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

UCMJ, or Uniform Code of Military Justice (our law book) says we are only allowed to have sex in missionary position. i will ger RIGHT on that... NOT!

it also says Adultry is only chargable if it causes issues in the work place... how odd is that.
    This Space For Rent

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm just sayin!

It came up on another thread. There are alot of antiquated laws on the books that nobody ever bothers to change.

I'm not saying they all get enforced.

But i'm pretty sure sex only legal if it's you wife, in missionary only, fully clothed, with lights out. Anything else is "evil" and "devient".

All kidding aside amost all laws are based on morals, and the morals are set by the church. Therefore alot of those old laws specifically make things we think of moral, ethical, or personal choices illegal. Just because they conflicted with church belief.

Damn what the pope thinks, I'm gonna go bang some sluts anyway.

morales are based on old church ways, but set by "people" and the times.

70 years ago it was moral to sleep with a 16 year old if you were in your early 20's...

try that today and see where it lands you...

i agree with that law by the way... and think it could be a bit more strick/enforced.

age of concent in some states is 15 with no more than 5 year age gap... kinda screwed up if you ask me...
    This Space For Rent

(Berks County)

All kidding aside amost all laws are based on morals, and the morals are set by the church.
    I hope that I'm reading this wrong. Please tell me that you don't believe that morals are only set by the church. If you do believe that, could you please tell me which church sets the morals for society in general? Morals are set by society in general and are considered to be the societal norms. That is why what is moral in one society is not necessarily(sp?) moral in others.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    I hope that I'm reading this wrong. Please tell me that you don't believe that morals are only set by the church. If you do believe that, could you please tell me which church sets the morals for society in general? Morals are set by society in general and are considered to be the societal norms. That is why what is moral in one society is not necessarily(sp?) moral in others.
    I don't know Bill, he may be on to something there. In Texas it's illegal to milk another person's cow, isn't that also one of the ten commandments?

Dumb laws

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast