Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: AR Pistol

(Cumberland County)

Default AR Pistol

Ok, so writing is on the wall - get the "fun" guns now before November After buying my Llama 357, decided to get a pistol lower to "start" my AR pistol project. So bought the lower, everything included except the stock or pistol buffer tube. So, picked up a buffer tube, springs, etc.. Left the show and figured I'd get an upper "later". Got itchy, and went back to the show at 4pm and picked up a nice 7" upper with bolt carrier group and charger from Tony's, came home and put it all together. Not bad once all together, time to start looking for "accessories" !!!! Did I mention I love gun shows and gunbroker/gunsamerica/PAFOA Classified !

Last edited by cruzans; September 8th, 2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Better Pic

(Northampton County)

Default Re: AR Pistol

Sweet I love ar pistols. It looks great! Mind sharing how
    much you paid for the upper?

(Cumberland County)

$450 complete with bcg and charging handle. I had seen some for $400 ish a while back on JSE but they have dried up. I liked this one though. Figured $450, no shipping, etc. face to face from guy who builds them was decent.

(Philadelphia County)

Can i ask, how much does a pistol lower cost?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by mracer71 View Post
    A complete handgun lower should be slightly less than a complete rifle lower because it doesn't have the cost of a stock. But handguns have a slightly higher excise tax which brings things back to about the same price.

Bare lowers are the same.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mracer71 View Post
    Wide range of prices based on quality/material - actually saw some receivers that weren't even metal - thus the $119 price !
    I paid $180 for my receiver ( Delaware Machinery - not top of the line by any means, but looked to be a quality piece and I won't be running thousands of rounds through it ! ), complete except for buffer tube / stock.
    The buffer tube/spring/plunger/ring was a little more expensive than a rifle stock set up ( $40 for rifle, $65 for my pistol set up ).
    So, I paid $180 for receiver, $65 for buffer and parts, and $450 for upper totalling $695.
    Overall, I really like the set up, and was able to "semi" build it myself, for a price I think is good.

(Cumberland County)

Continuing to add accessories. Had a question, any opinion on putting a holographic sight on it? Would it not work out well seeing it's a pistol with no stock? I will be putting a light on it with pressure switch, either with built in laser or seperate laser - wasn't sure if a holo sight would be the right addition?

(Cumberland County)

Took my new AR Pistol to the range today - was very pleased, worked flawlessly My question is on the buffer tube. When I put it on, I wondered why no ring to tighten like an AR rifle stock and was told it just doesn't have one. Sounds right, so I tightened it down real tight but after every 20 rounds or so, I found the buffer tube starting to loosen. Is there anything else I can do or do I just have to man up and crank it tighter!