It is with sadness that I have to report the passing of PAFOA forum member and moderator Jason Bell, better known to us all as JayBell.

The morning of September 6th we were informed by one of his friends that he had passed away over the holiday weekend unexpectedly. Many of us knew that this happened a day or two ago, but we were waiting until we had more information before posting officially.

While I never actually got the chance to meet Jason in person, I knew him for years before PAFOA was even an idea through another online forum related to title II firearms where he was also a moderator. Over the years he had helped me, and many others, answer a lot of questions about the acquiring title II items in Pennsylvania and showed himself to be an excellent, tough moderator on the other site we shared. It was because of this that he was offered one of the earliest moderator positions at PAFOA.

Over the years most of us have gotten to know him as a great guy with a “direct” personality and a wealth of knowledge and opinions that he shared freely and clearly.

Anyone who knew Jason knew that he was not an ambiguous person who would beat around the bush, and while that caused friction at times, it was not without value. Among the moderator staff at PAFOA, Jason was outspoken in promoting what he thought was best for the forum from his years of experience as a moderator on a forum that doesn’t even require registration. Just as importantly, he was a crucial voice behind the scenes to keep myself and other staff members on our toes if we were doing something dumb. Simply put, Jason was PAFOA’s highly-knowedgeable pitbull.

Jason will be missed and I thank him immensely for putting in the time doing work that isn’t often fun to help keep PAFOA running.

I sincerely hope that he is now in a place where he can safely shoot his machine guns while riding his motorcycle at the same time.

His official obituary can be found here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pot...&pid=159710443