Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
I know Jay's family, and I will say the family's funeral for Jay would be an inappropriate time and place for open carry. This is not a PAFOA event, not a motorcycle-related event, not a political opportunity of any kind. This is parents losing their only child.

This is a terrible time for the friends and family who knew and loved him, and the funeral is a time for them to find comfort in familiar faces. I knew Jay for 15 years, he ate dinner at my house most Tuesdays for years, we shot together and watched movies together, he built and troubleshot my computers, he played with my dogs and I visited his dog Keisha. His parents know me. I will be at his funeral, somewhere in the back, quietly.

I would humbly suggest that if you can't pick Jay or his parents out of a photo lineup, then the most gracious way to show support and appreciation for all that Jay's life meant to the firearms community would be to send a nice card to the funeral home, or a donation to their church as they suggest. We can't accommodate 40,000 PAFOA members at a family funeral. Jay meant a lot to a lot of people, shooters and bikers and coworkers, people who he helped on Subguns and PAFOA.

I hope that you all take this in the spirit intended. There's no good side to Jay's death, it's just a question of minimizing the bad.
Thank you, Phil.

These are wise words of advice for all if you are thinking about attending his services. If you didn't know Jay personally, or his parents, showing up may intimidate or add even more unneeded discomfort to an already uncomfortable situation. I'm sure there are a number of folks that knew Jay personally that will be going.. ...allow them to represent the rest of us that didn't know him in real life.

I highly suggest the recommended card to the funeral home or donation to the mentioned church as they had suggested.