Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Targetmaster anyone been there lately ??

I stooped going there about a year ago because I just couldn't take it anymore dealing with the morons behind the counter NOT all but most of them. Did the staff change for the better or is it still the same old shit. I all fairness on the weekends it does get crazy in there but that's still no reason to treat people like shit.
    Mike

(Chester County)

Default Re: Targetmaster anyone been there lately ??

A lot of the behind-the-counter staff have changed. It gets hectic on the weekends, but I think the mood has shifted a bit. If it's packed, I don't ask to hold something I don't plan on buying that day, but I was in there last Sunday, and it wasn't very crowded, so I asked to hold a few things. One of the younger guys behind the counter was helping me, and he kept bringing me stuff "oh, if you like that, you're going to love this one". We had a good dialog going. That's probably the 3rd or 4th time in a year I've been helped there and had a good chat with employees. It's probably been almost a year since I heard an employee degrade a customer (before that it was nearly every trip), and that guy isn't there any more so it seems like they're working on it. It also seems like the prices aren't a steep as before. On a few items I looked at, they weren't much over what I'd pay to have one shipped from bud's to my ffl after transfer.

(Delaware County)

There is a new girl who is there and she is super nice and super smart, it seems.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolff View Post
    A lot of the behind-the-counter staff have changed. It gets hectic on the weekends, but I think the mood has shifted a bit. If it's packed, I don't ask to hold something I don't plan on buying that day, but I was in there last Sunday, and it wasn't very crowded, so I asked to hold a few things. One of the younger guys behind the counter was helping me, and he kept bringing me stuff "oh, if you like that, you're going to love this one". We had a good dialog going. That's probably the 3rd or 4th time in a year I've been helped there and had a good chat with employees. It's probably been almost a year since I heard an employee degrade a customer (before that it was nearly every trip), and that guy isn't there any more so it seems like they're working on it. It also seems like the prices aren't a steep as before. On a few items I looked at, they weren't much over what I'd pay to have one shipped from bud's to my ffl after transfer.
    Thanks Great to here.

(Lancaster County)

- as the wife may read this, it needs to go.

Reader's Digest version: Last spring (time flies). Targetmaster - good, very busy on weekends. 2hr wait to use range for nonmembers. Members get priority/reservations on range time. We liked it. Not too many places to try out guns before buying them. Good staff. Young woman behind counter was esp. helpful to wife when she got a few seconds between answering phone, counting down when people kept asking how long their wait to use the range was, and filling mags. There are other posts about recent TM experiences. The guys behind the counter are very rushed - but give much better service when time allows.
    Last edited by KMAG; September 7th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Why do people fearing guns call persons with guns (cops) when threatened?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KMAG View Post
    Just seems weird to buy a pistol for an anniversary present.
    Just seems weird to buy a pistol for an anniversary present-without a case of ammo!

(Delaware County)

Yes I have been. I recently purchased a scope for a 22 pistol there. The owner spent time showing me all of the choices afterwhich I selected a red dot scope. The scope was mounted free of charge. I am not a member of the insider club there, if such a thing exists. Actually, I have had some minor issues with the ownership. I remember when he first opened and the financial backing he received to make the busness happen. The civil litigation he had with Concord Township and their political leadership which took a few years to resolve. I can go on, but I will spare the members the boredom of a history lesson.
    Maybe the years have mellowed the owner's personality, but I do see a difference in the relationship that the ownership and staff have with the customer base. Employees even seem happier to be there.
    On a side note, I believe I read that in order for one to rent a gun there, he or she must be in the company of another. I suppose a suicide deterrent short of a suicide pact.
    Last edited by c45man; September 7th, 2012 at 11:05 PM.

(Chester County)

Thumbs up Re: Targetmaster anyone been there lately ??

I recently bought two handguns there. My husband also bought a handgun a few months back. We have never had a negative experience there. Always good insights and fun conversations. Went with a female friend to shoot yesterday, and she wound up buying a gun. Thad, Tom, Brian and Joe were all very helpful. Yes, they are rushed most days, but that hasn't impacted our experience.
    Regarding c45man's comment on the needing another person: only if you are renting a gun. If you bring in your own, you can shoot by yourself. Asked that question yesterday.

(Chester County)

My girlfriend lives very close so I have been visiting there frequently. They get very busy, but I always get treated well. I just purchased a XDS there and was pleased with the gentleman who helped me. As a matter of fact there have been numerous occasions when employees there have gone above and beyond in regards to showing me new stuff and discussing it. I think there are bad stories with every gun shop just as there is with every restaurant or service based business. My opinion is go and experience it for yourself, don't listen to what a jaded individual has to say over the Internet.

I'm relatively new to firearms and am young, however never once have I felt belittled or insulted by anyone there. I just wish ammo was cheaper, but then again compared to other places target master has kept their prices very reasonable.