Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default pros & cons of a g32 or g30

Is there a big difference between the two?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: pros & cons of a g32 or g30

Hey Jerry, welcome. You're right around the block from me.

The Glock 30 is a subcompact .45 and the Glock 32 is a compact .357, although the 30 is actually almost a little bit bigger than the 32. Are those the models you meant to compare?

Chris
    Last edited by chrisaka; March 6th, 2008 at 09:54 AM.

(Chester County)

Skip on .357Sig, it's over $25 a box now. You're better off shooting 9mm+p+ if you want that kind of velocity.

Why are you comparing these 2 guns?

(Bucks County)

To tell you the truth, I'm a newbie to hand guns except for my limited use of a side arm 30 years ago in the USMC. I want a ccw first for self defense and fun at the range. Then I'll get a range pistol like maybe a 22 caliber for strictly range. But for now I'm researching all my options on a kick ass ccw. I have a friend who is a big glock 23 fan,
    while a .40 caliber with 13 rounds is a formidable weapon a g30 at .45 cal is too but with a smaller mag capacity. The g32 357 is more bang with a 13 round mag and can be changed to a .40 with a conversion kit. 2 guns in 1
    All comments are appreciated

(Bucks County)

Hi Chris, Thank you for the reply
    I'm researching all avenues before I make an investment.
    Jerry

i'm not a huge 357sig fan myself, not that it isn't a good round but its quite expensive compared to 9mm or 40s&w and I just don't feel it's giving you any real advantage over them. Service caliber handguns, along with the other popular carry calibers arent good man stoppers and there isn't much of a difference of lethality between them, its all about accuracy really only a CNS shot is going to give you the instant outcome your looking for in a self defense situation.

I carry a g29(10mm) for the most part, I wouldn't recommend it for a first handgun but it's on the same frame as the g30 so I can tell you its a thick gun, but for me carries perfectly and with the pierce finger extension its the best feeling gun i've ever held. But the g23 is a hard gun to beat also.

I'd probably get the 23, it's a much better range gun than the 30 and is everything you need for self defense

all my opinion of course

(Chester County)

I have a G30 and love it. However one con, although admittedly rather petty, is that I had a hard time finding a holster for it. I read and read and when I found what I wanted, they either didn't make it for the 30, or the wait time was too long. I also entertained the idea of getting a LaserMax for it, but when I see them on display there's never one for a G30. I know I can get one on the innerweb, but G30 accessories just don't seem to be a stock item in most stores. I don't know if it's a relatively new model, or just not very popular.

A pro, you can get a 13 round mag for the G30, if numbers are your thing. A subcompact with 13 rounds, hard to find anywhere else.
    Last edited by str8shooter; March 6th, 2008 at 07:03 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerryholli View Post
    Hi Chris, Thank you for the reply
    I'm researching all avenues before I make an investment.
    Jerry
    I have both G23 and G32.

If I were to invest in a Glock pistol today, I would probably go with a G19 in 9mm.( I really want a G21 and a G20 but may never get one at this point)
    One point to understand is that 9mm is cheaper to practice with and you will more than likely shoot more than 45acp or 10mm. Just a thought.

Despite what many think on killing power, stopping power, big and slow bullets, light and fast bullets, it all comes down to shot placement.

I read a comparison of many different calibers which ultimately didn't find enough difference in bullet performance to justify either big and slow or small and fast.I wish I could remember where it was. Regardless, on the internet, you will get all kind of statements telling you why one persons choice is the ultimate round and they will villify all others.

End result is only you can choose what you will end up with but look at all the angles before purchasing.

Just my opinion.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Chester County)

I would like to say that I have a G30, it is my daily carry. It is also the very first pistol I ever purchased! It is my baby, it is completely stock and I love it! Couple it with 230gr. Federal Hydra Shocks and you will be set for a top of the line self defense cc rig!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Bucks County)

Please keep the posts coming, I'm seeing alot of support for G23 and G30 and not much for the new G32

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast