Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $700 AR-15

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: $700 AR-15

buy a complete m&p15 sport if you want an ar for cheap. not much bad can be said about them for paper punching or h/d. an ak is a shit ton of fun too, you cant go wrong with one as long as its straight however if accesorizing is your goal, look elsewhere cause the grown mans barbie it aint.
    I have had surprisingly few homeless people hire me. - GunLawyer001

(Pike County)

AK is a WASR 10/63.

I don't want a sport. S&W is mid-tier. I will save a ton of money and then just buy a straight-up Spikes middy AR. Possibly build one, depending. But the AK is probably the best thing to start with.

(Allegheny County)

Best bet if you want some quality parts and want to save a few bucks is to keep an eye on the equipment exchange in the used section at ar15.com. You can get good deals on parts that are lightly used. They get alot of traffic and there are always deals to be found.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I built this for my wife:

It's all PSA, and built for around $720 including the FFL transfer fee. Then I threw on a Primary Arms PAM3 red dot sight for $110.
    Nice looking dissy man.

(Pike County)

I think I'll go with this: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ction&key=6920

Two more weeks saving up, I can live with that. I'll go with the Magpul CTR stock instead of that ass-ugly thing Colt's putting on there, but yeah, this way, I can test the gun and the round (M855 probably) out, see what I think of them. If it passes my tests, I've now got a lighter, more common, more modular, more ergonomic gun with a lighter round. If I decide I really want a middy gas system, it's as simple as getting a new barrel (though maybe there's something to be said for the carbine gas - perhaps it will have the "oomph" to cycle the bolt if it's dirty or dry where a middy might not). I have the rear sight and great looking carry handle until I get an Aimpoint, then I can detach the handle and install the red dot.

If it fails my tests, I've got a Colt, so it'll retain high resale value, and I can get almost all my money back on it that way, and then go get me an AK-47! Win-win situation, w00t!

(Lackawanna County)

Smart man! Good choice on the colt!

(Allegheny County)

And Greg is a good guy. Experienced in the m4. Great shop.
    Voluntary transactions are the only moral kind.

(Allegheny County)

Smart move and it won't fail you, can't say that about other certain manufacturers.

I just got this not long ago from Grant, paid more because I wanted something differant because every AR I have is black, this one is pretty cool looking.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ion&key=6920MP

Quote Originally Posted by pitt45GAP View Post
    Not to knock the M&P its a fine rifle, but the PSA build has superior barrel (4150 MPI, HPT, 1:7 and Chrome Lined), Bolt (MPI and HPT), and Bolt Carrier(Full Circle M16). THe M&P is a fine rifle, but if you are willing to put an AR together you can get a bit more for your money.

Only thing I really don't like about the M&P is the integrated trigger guard... But that is a trifle.... Again fine rifle for the money, but when you roll your own you can get better components.

Also this is a middy, and unless things have changed in the last year I think Stag was making many of the internals for S&W.... and the gas key is not staked properly, and would need to be replaced.
    From what i have been able to find, the gas key being staked properly on the Stags has been remedied. Or did you mean the S&W gas key was not staked properly?
    Last edited by Keith A; September 12th, 2012 at 07:22 AM.

(Allegheny County)

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...+.556+MIL+SPEC

There ya go, $696 Fully Assembled 18 and over approved:-)
    Voluntary transactions are the only moral kind.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast