Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Hi-Point C-9 Owners..

What expanding round feeds best in your High Point. I heard a lot of good things about Pow'R Ball. I was looking into Hornady Z-Max. Midway has that on sale. I'll probably buy both to see which one feeds batter tough. Anyone have any other suggestions.
    Last edited by RebelRaider5; September 6th, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Hi-Point C-9 Owners..

Iv never had any issues with the small handful of various cheapos Iv sent through mine. But mine is just a range play toy, so thats not alot of help. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Lawrence County)

Not an owner, but because most people say FMJ's are really the only thing that works good in the C9, I would suggest keeping to a JHP that more resembles a FMJ. A Speer Gold Dot looks like a flying ashtray and may not feed as reliably as say a Federal Hydra-shok or a Winchester Ranger might...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Monroe County)

Stay away from the Russian Steel Case Ammo. I have had both the C9 and the 995 Rifle. They worked well with any brass case FMJ ammo. I got rid of both of my Hi-Points because I mostly shoot steel case ammo these days and the guns don't like it. I pretty much have gravitated to guns that like cheap ammo.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Stay away from the Russian Steel Case Ammo. I have had both the C9 and the 995 Rifle. They worked well with any brass case FMJ ammo. I got rid of both of my Hi-Points because I mostly shoot steel case ammo these days and the guns don't like it. I pretty much have gravitated to guns that like cheap ammo.
    My C9 loves steel case. Like I said, mine is a range toy(my wife loves it) so I buy what ever I can get cheap for it. I have had no issues feeding it anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    My C9 loves steel case. Like I said, mine is a range toy(my wife loves it) so I buy what ever I can get cheap for it. I have had no issues feeding it anything.
    LOL. I ran Tulammo steel cased junk almost exclsively through my $1500 Springfield TRP!
    Anyway, back to topic.

I have bought several diffirent manufacture's JHP for my carry gun. Some more expensive then others.

These days, I shoot/carry cheap Winchester White box JHP from walmart.
    They are $23 or so, but for 50rds. I shoot them, so I know that it works.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Philadelphia County)

I agree with you guys on the FMJ. I regularly shoot S&B 115gr out of my C9. I pick up the S&B for around $15 a box and my C9 functions flawslessly with it.

I was looking into Powr'Ball because a lot of Hi Point Owners recommend it. Only promblem is I can't find a store or a website that stocks it. Horandy Z-Max looks good becuase it has a polymer tip and it's only $17. I'll have to look that Federal, I personally think there 12 ga shells suck. I heard a lot of good thing about Ranger too but Hornady looks good right now.

Thanks for the recomandations.
    Last edited by RebelRaider5; September 6th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.