Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Any Good Gun Clubs or Ranges In Pike County

HERBERLING'S

I belong to Herberling's and think it is great for me. I am retired and usually can be found on my boat traveling the GREAT LOOP and have to come back every once in a while to check in on the in-laws in Milford. Herberling's is approx a 40 minute drive for me which is not bad.

I have found most of the individuals who do show up have respect for the rules and for others.
    It is indoors and range runs out 45ft or so.
    Good lighting and has 8 stalls.
    Owner is a nice guy and the rates are reasonable as well as his inventory pricing.

Are there any others out there in Pike County, let me know as I do like to go to others as well.

As mother always said, " Duck Fast, Shoot Straight"

(Pike County)

Default Re: Any Good Gun Clubs or Ranges In Pike County

Check out Pocono Pistol in Stoudsburg. It ain't cheap but is a nice place to shoot.

(Pike County)

If your looking into a Club, I live right down the Road from the "Mink Pond Hunting Club" I have been there many times as a guest. The club is absolutely Beautiful and its on a huge parcel of land with Swamps, Rivers, Streams, a huge lake, Fields, Trap/Skeet Shooting, Rifle ranges, Handgun ranges..... The club itself is really nice! Also the Care takers are very nice people. I dont know the exact Membership fee's but I heard its expensive, but if you can afford it, its well worth it in my opinion.
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Pike County)

There's SGL 183 on Rt. 6. Decent on weekdays especially if the forestry service replaces the back boards.

The Shohola town constable also told me about the Matamoras Road and Gun club which is on the mountain opposite of Walmart on I84. I haven't been there, but he tells me that the club dues are quite reasonable.

http://www.matamorasrodandgunclub.org/

Finally, the other club I know is the Shohola Rod and Gun club... expensive though and you have to be one of the good ole' boys to become a member.

Personally, while I hate the idiots that tend to frequent SGL183, that's where I end up going the most. 30 bucks for an annual range permit along with some courtesy and common sense is all that's needed.

(Pike County)

Matamoras is is an equity club - no memberships, just owners. Mink pond is IIRC the same.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Matamoras is is an equity club - no memberships, just owners. Mink pond is IIRC the same.
    I recently received an email from the club stating they do have an Associate Membership plan that doesn't require one to purchase a share in the club. Rather, it requires sponsorship of 2 current club owners/members and an annual fee. I'm not sure what it costs, but I personally am interested so I plan to visit when they have an open-house.

Are you a member there? If so, do you know Robert Gallagher?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    I recently received an email from the club stating they do have an Associate Membership plan that doesn't require one to purchase a share in the club. Rather, it requires sponsorship of 2 current club owners/members and an annual fee. I'm not sure what it costs, but I personally am interested so I plan to visit when they have an open-house.

Interesting please post what you find out

(Pike County)

I am not a member in either club, I looked into just about all of them up here when I first moved to the area. Which club sent you the invite? I heard from Matamoras (again) last month, still a waiting list, no shares for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    I am not a member in either club, I looked into just about all of them up here when I first moved to the area. Which club sent you the invite? I heard from Matamoras (again) last month, still a waiting list, no shares for sale.
    Matamoras is the one I'm referring to. I will look into their associate membership program and report what I discover.

(Lackawanna County)

i looked into matamoras as well when i first started shooting alot. when i found out the cost and the waiting list I realized it wasnt for me. if they have an associate program that would be sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast