Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default NRA Basic Pistol recordkeeping?

I took the NRA basic pistol years ago and have since misplaced my certificate or any record that I completed the course. Does anyone know if the NRA would have a record of this?

I think I am competent enough to take the next step in training. It's not a huge deal though because I could use a refresher if it's necessary to retake the Basic Pistol course.

To add, I think the NRA Basic Pistol meets the requirement of training to get some other state's LTCF's, doesn't it?
    Fortune fingers the fearless

Default Re: NRA Basic Pistol recordkeeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    I took the NRA basic pistol years ago and have since misplaced my certificate or any record that I completed the course. Does anyone know if the NRA would have a record of this?

I think I am competent enough to take the next step in training. It's not a huge deal though because I could use a refresher if it's necessary to retake the Basic Pistol course.

To add, I think the NRA Basic Pistol meets the requirement of training to get some other state's LTCF's, doesn't it?
    most instructors keep records of their students atleast i know i do so if you can remember who you've taken the course w/ then i would try and contact them but calling nra's hq wouldn't be a bad ideal either.

as for the basic pistol meeting non-resident requirements, it most certainly does, even the 3hr 1st steps course meets the requirements for florida, va, arizona

(Northampton County)

My NRA Training Counselor suggested that instructors keep records of who passed what classes and how (i.e. target scores, test scores, etc) in case we even need to prove a student had training. I would start by contacting the instructor for your class.

If he didn't maintain any records or you can't get a hold of them I would contact the NRA. Course reports have to be submitted to them so they should have a record of the class. This being said, it may take them a while to find the record.

One can no longer purchase only certificates from the NRA so you may have to pay $10-$20 to get another certificate if you choose to do so.

Also, like was mentioned, the NRA Basic Pistol class - and several other NRA basic classes - are sufficient to meet the training requirements to obtain permits in other states.

(Chester County)

Best bet is find instructor that did class and get him to give you a new copy.

Ive been told NRA HQ does not have "old" class lists, they will point you to a place to take the class again at

Good Luck

Jeff

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Technically it does. practically, the class must be taught by the (NRA) instructor, that is also certified by the state in question.
    Je suis déplorable

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Technically it does. practically, the class must be taught by the (NRA) instructor, that is also certified by the state in question.
    To clarify, you mean for a state like Utah where one must also be a Utah-certified instructor. Contrasting that with Florida that simply requires some proof of firearms training - disregarding whether the instructor is certified in Florida... unless I am missing something here...