Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Need a new CCW... (kahr vs cz)

Hey guys,

So I am in need of a new CCW. Currently I have a kahr cm9 with the crimson trace laser. I exclusively pocket carry it, and will continue to do so on days that I work (dress pants, button up, and tie plus about 3-4 hours a day on the road). I absolutely love my cm9 and shoot it very well.

I had a LCR 357 for my off days that I would carry owb , and while I liked it, I didn't feel like I was gaining much advantage over the cm9 so I sold it.

So what I am looking for is something that I will still be able to conceal relatively well owb that will also provide me with an advantage over the cm9 (either larger caliber or higher round count).

My search so far has brought me to the kahr cw45 And the cz p07 duty. The cw gives me the same number of rounds but in a larger caliber as well as being identical in operation, while the cz gives me a lot more rounds in the same caliber.

Thoughts, opinions?

(Blair County)

Default Re: Need a new CCW... (kahr vs cz)

In standard self-defense calibers (9mm and up), more rounds is always better than a marginally bigger bullet, IMO.

There's little benefit to buying a .45 with the same capacity.

(Montgomery County)

If you have a CM9 but want a step up for belt carry, a CW9 would fit the bill logically. Only one or two more rounds but you get a full grip and longer sight radius.

The PPS is also an awesome concealable gun that can go to 8+1, but you lose commonality with your pocket carry.

(York County)

I'm 100% with medsteele. More rounds is preferred over a larger bullet when you're talking about small frame guns. I loved my K9, the trigger is smooth as glass. The accuracy was crazy good and the recoil almost undetectable thanks to the steel frame. It's a bit on the heavy side, but didn't bother me as an EDC and the recoil dampening was worth it. My 2 cents.

(Philadelphia County)

So what I am looking for is something that I will still be able to conceal relatively well owb that will also provide me with an advantage over the cm9 (either larger caliber or higher round count).

I could make a handful of suggestions that would gain you one or two rounds but it hardly seems worth the effort. It sounds like a Glock 26 would work well here. This would give you more capacity and more purchase on the gun.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by swack View Post
    Hey guys,

So I am in need of a new CCW. Currently I have a kahr cm9 with the crimson trace laser. I exclusively pocket carry it, and will continue to do so on days that I work (dress pants, button up, and tie plus about 3-4 hours a day on the road). I absolutely love my cm9 and shoot it very well.

I had a LCR 357 for my off days that I would carry owb , and while I liked it, I didn't feel like I was gaining much advantage over the cm9 so I sold it.

My search so far has brought me to the kahr cw45 And the cz p07 duty. The cw gives me the same number of rounds but in a larger caliber as well as being identical in operation, while the cz gives me a lot more rounds in the same caliber.

Thoughts, opinions?
    I am curious as to how your search lead you to these two particular handguns?
    They have almost nothing in common.

Quote Originally Posted by swack View Post
    Hey guys,

Thoughts, opinions?
    What's wrong with your CM9 for belt carry? Nothing.

(Northampton County)

Witness P carry in .45? Just a thought if you are considering compact CZ plastic.
    10+1 of .45 ACP in the footprint of the P07.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

(Cumberland County)

I too have the CM9 for everyday carry. Easy to fit in my pocket and have a crossbreed IWB holster for it as well...disappears and is comfortable....with the recent spate of shooting crimes happeneing lately, I wanted a bit more firepower so I upgraded to the Glock 26. I ordered another crossbreed for it and will wear that when I am dressed up and use the Kahr for when i am wearing gym shorts or being less dressy. I realize this has nothing to do with your question regarding the CZ, but I just wanted to give you what I went to. Good luck.

(Cumberland County)

P07 Duty rocks. Great trigger, especially if you switch it to SAO (which takes about 20 seconds.)

Holsters are still a bit sparse for it though. Totally different sized gun than the Kahrs though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast