Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Need a new CCW... (kahr vs cz)

This may answer all your concerns. More may not be better but larger is always deadly.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/28...liber-pistols/

Now go back and rethink the CW45
    Last edited by craighmarshall; September 4th, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

(Butler County)

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. And to answer some of the questions....

First the g26, although I know it is a great gun, it doesn't work for me. I have tiny prepubescent girl hands (despite being a grown man) and the glock series is just too big. The only one that fits me well is the 36 and I still can't get over the grip angle.

I like the kahr cw45 because of the smaller form factor, and that operation would be identical to my cm9. I Don't really think 1-2 more rounds is worth a whole purchase....

The cz I have not shot, however I have shot the 75 ( really liked it) and fondled the p07 (really liked It). 10 extra rounds is pretty significant too. I also really like the price of both of these...

I have a xdm as well and I want to like it more than I actually like It.... I shoot my cm9 substantially better. So xd's are out of the question too....

Really i am just looking for an excuse (albeit not a good one) to get something new.

Quote Originally Posted by swack View Post
    Really i am just looking for an excuse (albeit not a good one) to get something new.
    That's what i thought!

Get whatever makes you smile.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    That's what i thought!

Get whatever makes you smile.
    +1. Can't go wrong with a shotgun either. Or a wheelgun.

FWIW I loved my P07 Duty. I wish I would have held onto that one. They come in OD green now as well as with a threaded barrel and raised supressor sights... Pretty slick.

Last edited by rwb1500; September 4th, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

(Northampton County)

You may want to consider a Cz 75 PCR compact decocker model. Holds 14 rounds ,has an alloy frame and can be carried with one in the chamber and once decocked your first shot would be double action. They are very accurate reliable pistols and can usually be had for under $600.00. I have the Cz custom shop version with trigger work and novak rear adjustable tritium night sights with a 14 round mag and one extended 16 round mag for carry- great pistol, but the Protek carry version from cz custom has a $1450 .00 price tag. If i had that one to do over again I would have just bought the base model and installed night sights since I beat it up with daily carry use.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Allegheny County)

If you already like your CM9, I would go with the CW9 or P9. However for OWB carry I may consider compact double stack firearms from Glock, S&W and Springfield as well.

I'm happy with my M&P Full Size and I personally would start looking at the M&P Compact. However I have zero intentions of carrying any EDC firearm OWB for any significant period of time, so I'm set on single stack for IWB.

I to am in a similar stance that I carry a LCP either pocket or IWB. I'm about %99 sure the next firearm will be a CW9.

I plan on buying it used and if I carry it more often than my LCP upgrading to the P9.

(Bucks County)

I also carry my CM9 almost exclusively.

If you're interested in a small .45 check out the springfield xds. I checked one out over the weekend, it's just slightly larger then a CM9, less capacity but a bigger caliber.

(Centre County)

I would stick with the butter smooth kahr DA trigger.
    So K9 or T9(Or K40 or T40, if you prefer 40SW).

I carry K9 on lightly dressed summer, and T9 when I'm little more bulked up with winter cloths

edit - I just noticed that your thinking about P07 Duty. I have very limited experience them, but i didn't think they are all that much better then FNP9...
    Last edited by Mity2; September 5th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Cambria County)

I carry a CW9 and love it. Bought one for my wife, and was so impressed with it, I went out and bought myself one. I agree with Mity, the super smooth double action of these pistols is hard to beat.

On a side note. I just got the Crossbreed Supertuck for the CW9. It is smaller than the full size Supertuck, but is still super comfortable. I put it on and forget that it is even there.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    Witness P carry in .45? Just a thought if you are considering compact CZ plastic.
    10+1 of .45 ACP in the footprint of the P07.
    Winner winner chicken dinner.
    I see what you're trying to get at, but I don't think the Witness P carry is as small or svelte as the CZ P-07. Its frame is significantly-beefier, in comparison.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast