Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Ruger LCR in 357 mag

Has anyone shot this revolver? If so, how is the trigger pull, accuracy, recoil, etc.? Basically, I want to know is the quality worth the price?

(York County)

Default Re: Ruger LCR in 357 mag

I can tell you from experience that the trigger pull on the LCR is very long and is very difficult to be accurate. Personally i prefer a revolver with a hammer when I am shooting so I can lock it back. In a self defense situation you dont always have time to lock back a hammer so it might not matter to you.

The trigger was better than I expected, but then since it was a Ruger i wasn't expecting much. The recoil was pretty stout. Not horrible, and maybe a bit less than expected. Worth the cost? I'd still buy a Smith.
    FUCK BIDEN

I happen to prefer the grip on the LCR over that of a J-frame or an SP101, so I got one. Trigger is smooth, but interestingly heavier than that of an LCR .38 yet still lighter than that of an SP101. The pull is long, but it hasn't struck me as overly long. Recoil is stout when shooting .357s, but not completely unmanageable.

I think compared to the prices of the J-frames in .357, it's actually a good deal.

Edit: if you ever come down to Bucks Co., let me know and you're free to try it.

I also prefer a DA/SA than DA only but I also like the Rugers more than S&W. I have not shot or even seen any of the 357's in action so I cant comment on the trigger.
    [SIGPIC]