Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Clubs near Mt. Pocono

For all you Monroe Co folks, or anyone who knows the area are there any good clubs in the Mt. Pocono area? I grew up shooting at the SGL range in Gouldsboro, and have had a permit for the range in Tobyhanna, but times have changed. I would prefer something a little nicer, where my father and I can shoot without having to deal with the riff raff that shows up at the SGL.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Clubs near Mt. Pocono

im you find something that is close, not super crowded and doesnt cost an arm and leg, i would like to know as well!

I live in the Lehigh Valley area. I can count at least 10 clubs within less than 10 miles of my house where it is $30 or less per year after the first year, which is usually double. I have not come up with anything in the Poconos yet.

(Pike County)

What type of shooting are you looking for? I'm a member at Tristates in Port Jervis, which is an ok facility but is in NY state. Handguns are a problem for us out-of-staters. We are working on a solution, but it will not be on-size-fits-all due to the wording of the NY state law for non-residents.

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I live in the Lehigh Valley area. I can count at least 10 clubs within less than 10 miles of my house where it is $30 or less per year after the first year, which is usually double. I have not come up with anything in the Poconos yet.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Csmith recommended me one near Drums, PA. I forget the name, but I could find out again if that is close enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    What type of shooting are you looking for? I'm a member at Tristates in Port Jervis, which is an ok facility but is in NY state. Handguns are a problem for us out-of-staters. We are working on a solution, but it will not be on-size-fits-all due to the wording of the NY state law for non-residents.
    Closer to home shooting, that's for sure. My father lives in the Poconos, and I am looking for a place where we can shoot when I go up to visit. Port Jervis is as far from him in one direction as I am in the other, so that wouldn't work out. If he is going to travel that far, we can shoot at my club, or in the back yard. Add in the whole NY thing, and that would never do.

When I was a kid, we would shoot at McCool's in Henryville, or Merry Hill in Paradise Valley, or at the SGL range in Gouldsboro. There was a group of people we got involved with who had a range on private property, but that was almost 40 years ago. All these places are gone now, and while we have been up to the new SGL range on 423 in Tobyhanna, you never know what you're going to run into up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
    Csmith recommended me one near Drums, PA. I forget the name, but I could find out again if that is close enough for you.
    I know right where Drums is, and yeah, it is a little on the far side - he is right in the Tobyhanna area. We can stand in the back yard and hear them shooting at the SGL on 423 if the wind is blowing right.

I haven't seen anything really close. I usually just shoot in my backyard, but would love some kind of club. Someone should really start a poconos shooting club . Poconos pistol is way too expensive for me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by puro View Post
    I haven't seen anything really close. I usually just shoot in my backyard, but would love some kind of club. Someone should really start a poconos shooting club . Poconos pistol is way too expensive for me.
    I agree man I wish somebody would start something in our area that would be nice.

(Monroe County)

There is a member her who made his own range in tobyhanna. But then he went the way of sunset hill and decided to "offer" classes and rentals to NYC people for an insane fee. Too bad. He would have done better with dealing with just locals who needed a nice place to shoot without all the bs.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast