Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock holster

(Berks County)

Default Glock holster

I know this has been discussed before, but I haven't found a topic with the specific recommendations.. I just got a Glock 19, my first handgun and I'm looking for a good holster for concealed carry. I'm a skinnier guy so i'm looking for something that's not too bulky. I've done some looking around, but it's hard to tell what would be comfortable just from looking at a holster in a store or at pictures online. Any advice and input will be much appreciated.

(York County)

Default Re: Glock holster

IWB or what? Go for a Crossbreed if you are looking for IWB. A lot of people use Serpa holsters for OWB/Belt carry. What is most comfortable is personal preference.

GB
    Last edited by GreenBlood10; September 2nd, 2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Additional

(Bucks County)

Just picked up this one at a LGS $55

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...D=127&GunID=47

It's just ok it not as tight to the body as I would like but I think a better belt will fix that ..... It is comfortable and it will fit the 17 also

I looked at this one and I should have picked it up for $30,may still do so

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...=3893&GunID=47

(Monroe County)

(Bucks County)

Uwaa man I can't look I don't have a 23

(Cumberland County)

I have two holsters for my Gen4 G26. Whitehat Maxtuck horsehide and Remora. Love them both.

(Philadelphia County)

Whatever holster you end up getting do yourself a favor and also grab a Glock Sport Combat holster. For about $12 it's a great holster and an amazing value. You might even consider using it until you find something more substantial to suit your needs.

(Montgomery County)

GALCO KINGTUK $50 10/10

best value per quality Id say..... Lots of people say its just as good as the crossbreed one and thats twice as much. Ive had one for a while and its great.

(Butler County)

If you like IWB and want a holster with a positive click/retention, I recommend Comp-Tac holsters. I use the CTAC and sometimes the Infidel for my G32's and can hide them under a loose t-shirt, let alone an unbuttoned collared shirt.

PS-this works for me and I'm NOT a skinny guy haha

#1 recommendation though is get a good, firm 1.5" belt, it will support the holster and keep everything where it belongs. A specific, dedicated gun belt would be ideal but a good, firm heavy leather casual belt will get you in the right direction.
    Last edited by pbs357; September 3rd, 2012 at 02:27 AM.

(York County)

I went through a slew of holsters with my Glock 27 before deciding the gun was just too big for my slim frame. I won't bore you with all the details, but over 5 years I've gone through several guns and several holsters. I went as small as a Kel-Tec PF9, as heavy as a Kahr K9. The holsters were as cheap as uncle mike's nylon pouches and as expensive as custom hand-made one-off productions that cost me bundles. In the end I found that concealability is so much more about the holster than the gun. I ended up with a Crossbreed (my 2nd, first was on the Kel-Tec) with a G23! (move over G27) I can't always dress as casually as I'd like all the time, but it rarely prints with a semi-loose t-shirt and provides me more peace of mind than the 6 shot pocket pistols.

I'll try to give a good description of the holster for those of you that haven't had a chance to try one yourself.

Retention:
    The crossbreed holds the weapon tightly, although this is largely dependent on how tightly you wear your belt (it uses the pressure of your hip against the gun, against the outer kydex mold). You can also follow the included directions to shrink or expand the kydex for a firmer or looser retention. I can and have run at full sprint without the gun working itself loose in the least. There is no other form of retention, no thumb breaks, no twisting or tilting needed on the draw.

Concealment:
    The Crossbreed holsters are extremely thin, adding almost no width to the gun (which is important when you're talking about something as thick as a Glock). The leather portion of the holster has several holes meant to adjust the ride height/angle of the belt clips. I'll cover this in more detail under "modularity". Once you've set this up to your preferences even the bulky G23 goes into stealth mode. The belt clips themselves can flex away from the leather backer to allow a shirt to be tucked in over the gun. Crossbreed also offers "J clips" which clip behind (instead of over) your belt, for an even deeper concealment. The Glock isn't the easiest gun to hide on a thin person, like me, but the Crossbreed does it better than anything else I've tried.

Comfort:
    The leather is stiff at first, but over a month the holster will mold to your body. Slipping the holster on is easy once you get the hang of it. Tip: put on your pants first, with the gun in the holster slip in between your pants then push the clips over your belt. It also comes off very easily. Once on, I often forget I'm wearing it. Sitting or standing is equally comfortable. I rarely feel the need to adjust the holsters position, but when I do it's very easy and quick to slide it forward or back with one hand. The one discomfort I get is when I lean/sit on the edge of a desk sometimes the tip of the slide pinches my butt on the desk OUCH! But this happened with every holster I've used and happens far less frequently with the Crossbreed.

Modularity:
    One of the nice things about the Glocks is the 9/40 variants have the same dimensions minus the barrel length and grip length. Some holster manufacturers take the tailored-fit concept too far and end up pigeon holing the holster to only 1 or 2 Glock models. The Crossbreed doesn't suffer from this issue, as it leaves the slide unobstructed. I can swap my G23 for my G17 without changing a thing on the holster.

As mentioned before, the belt clips can be moved around. You can tailor this for your body, gun, clothing choices and carry position. Using the highest holes, the gun rides very low in the pants almost putting the grip inside your pants. Putting the belt clips in the lowest holes pushes the gun up nice and high for an easy draw. The real trick comes in offsetting the clips (eg. the front at hole 2, the back at hole 4) to cant the gun forward or backward. I imagine, though I've not tried it, you could even set it up to be a crossdraw holster in this manner.

Additionally the leather is easily cut with an exact-o knife so you can DIY a "combat-cut" or remove any extra leather that gets in the way of aftermarket parts (extended mag releases). I did this with mine and after a year it's no worse for the wear. As such, I don't recommend ordering the Combat-Cut feature from the factory. You can do it on your own for a better personal fit.

Customer Service:
    AMAZING! After I ordered my most recent holster I had decided to make some changes. They were quick to respond. I didn't see a refund on my credit card, so I sent an email about it. They offered to refund me on the spot OR send me a set of J-Clips to make up the difference, and I took the clips. They arrived a couple days later. When the holster finally arrived they had included a check for the refund amount. I called them back and was told by the owner, don't worry about it just keep both. I didn't cash the check, but they would have been fine with me getting both. Crossbreed is also a Christian company, if that matters to you.

The one downside I see is that each holster is hand made, to your specs. That means you'll be looking at a decent wait time in the area of 2-3 months.

I don't work for Crossbreed, I don't get any loyalty reward points or anything. I am just that smitten with the quality work and quality customer service I've seen from them. I highly recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast