Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock holster

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Glock holster

OWB, Don Hume H721-OT.

In the OP you didn't state whether you were looking for OWB or IWB.

For a belt holster I use Raven Concealment holsters for all my handguns. They have good retention, they ride close to the body, & they come with a no-BS lifetime warranty. An untucked black t-shirt will conceal a full sized handgun easily & I'll take a belt holster over an IWB any day. For Glocks & 1911's he has Quick Ship of about 30 days. For other makes there's a 5 or 6 month wait.

Like you, I'm kinda' skinny, (6", 180 lbs). I've found that by their very nature, IWB holsters are never as comfortable because you don't have much fat or meat for a cushion to begin with, then you stick a gun/holster IWB & tighten it down with a belt. When I must carry IWB, I have a Crossbreed for my Sigs that's OK & a Milt Sparks SS for my 1911 that is the most comfortable I've found.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Glock Factory Sport Combat holster MSRP $14.99.

I love mine.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    OWB, Don Hume H721-OT.
    +1 I just got one of these a couple weeks ago. Its high ride OWB, very comfortable for me at 4-5:00.

(Chester County)

Check out these http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/

I carry a G17 AIWB in an Archangel. First class product.

(Northampton County)

visit the web site of www.jsholsters.com excellent holsters and a satisfaction or your money back gurarrntee. I suggest the paddle with the forward cant. My Glock 19 rides tucked in tight and with total comfort even after 18 hours.
    Teaching people how to shoot safely and accurately for 54 years. www.gunskills.com

(Allegheny County)

I like SideArmor a lot. They make high quality Kydex holsters. And so does Safariland.

http://www.sidearmor.com/index.php?m...h1ga3f97785066

http://holsterfinder.safariland.com

I have both the modular holsters (with and without lights) and the vertical scabbards.

For carry (concealed or otherwise), I like the vertical scabbard a lot. Solid. No moving parts to break, and sits close to the body.

I gave up on leather holsters several years ago because of lack of retention. I was picking up a friend from a bar, and when I was helping said friend off the ground, my gun was *lifted* out of my Galco Summer Carry (leather, IWB, under t-shirt & shorts). Gun fell on the sidewalk, marred the finish on the slide. Thankfully, the cops across the street either didn't see or didn't care. But I am pretty sure the amount of retention in any of my my Kydex holsters could have prevented that.

That said... it's not that I don't like leather... Safariland has some models that blend leather and plastic nicely.

(Monroe County)

I second (or third) the vote for atleast trying a Glock combat holster.

I got mine on a recommendation that "for 12 bucks why not try it until you find something better". Over four years later and it's the only holster for my Glock that I use.

(Allegheny County)

I really like and use the Comp-Tac Infidel for IWB, great holster for concealed carry and you will have no problem concealing under a tshirt.

(Butler County)

Tons of options for holsters. Hundreds of makes and models.
    I carry a Browning Hi-Power in a Crossbreed. I like it a lot. Don't be afraid to spend a little coin on a good one. It's worth it for the comfort. A cheap holster is just that. A cheap holster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12