Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ranges Near Hanover

Should come out to greens springs rod and gun club in hanover. Very laid back people.

(York County)

I looked into the Jefferson Sportsman's Club as well, but the 5 round rule and rapid shooting is what killed it for me. They seem to want to keep it a "sportsman's" club. I felt like they really looked down their nose at me when I mentioned owning an AR or a SHTF shotgun.

I joined the Jefferson Rifle Club over a year ago and never looked back. No silly rules at all. Just be safe, courteous of other members and go shoot is all they ask.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    They seem to want to keep it a "sportsman's" club.
    Yes, the Jefferson Sportsmen's Association is top notch family friendly sportsmen’s club. The ranges, two indoor & five outdoor, are the best I have knowledge of in the area. The club possesses over 100 acres, much of it open to hunting by its members. To support its members the club releases pheasants on the property and stocks local streams for the area fishermen to enjoy.

The organization is very active in the local community providing a yearly scholarship, supporting the Jefferson Carnival, sponsoring the York County Envirothon, and hosting a major Hunt of Lifetime fundraiser. They also sponsor two Hunter Safety Courses, play host to the York County Conservation Camp, and support the Mason-Dixon Clay Busters, a local youth shotgun team.

Jefferson Sportsmen's Association is a place where you can feel safe and welcome. Yes they have a five shot rule and yes they would like to remain a sportsmen’s club however with over 1000 members, I would say they are doing a whole lot right. Check out their website at www.jeffersonsportsmen.org for more infromation. If you have any questions or if interested in joining I would be glad to help.
    Last edited by roger8918; December 16th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
    Head Coach, Mason-Dixon Clay Busters Youth Shotgun Team www.masondixonclaybusters.com

(York County)

I wish I could just pay more and skip all the bs.

"The person must present themselves at a club meeting stating why they want to join. "

Hi, I want to join so I can shoot here.....

"All persons being proposed for membership have a 90 day probationary period during which they must attend three club functions "

How do they know if you even attend? Who has time to go to 3 meetings?
    Last edited by tcc722; December 16th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tcc722 View Post
    I wish I could just pay more and skip all the bs.

"The person must present themselves at a club meeting stating why they want to join. "

Hi, I want to join so I can shoot here.....

"All persons being proposed for membership have a 90 day probationary period during which they must attend three club functions "

How do they know if you even attend? Who has time to go to 3 meetings?
    What range are these requirements for?
    Head Coach, Mason-Dixon Clay Busters Youth Shotgun Team www.masondixonclaybusters.com

(York County)

Jefferson rifle. I am right down the road to both jefferson clubs, but attending meetings is tough. Maybe when my schedule frees up... Right now I just shoot at a friends house, but he is in new oxford.

(York County)

Last Tuesday of the month and helping at an event counts as well, then you need not ever attend another meeting/event. Best to do it over the winter, because during your probie period you still can't use the range unless with another member.

Roger, very aware of all the Sportsman's Club does and is involved in with the community. I grew up in Jefferson and am a longtime member of the Baseball Assoc. and I have worked at the carnival for years myself.

I just don't agree with some of their range rules and I just did not feel it was a nice fit for myself considering my firearm interests and being a non-hunter.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Roger, very aware of all the Sportsman's Club does and is involved in with the community. I grew up in Jefferson and am a longtime member of the Baseball Assoc. and I have worked at the carnival for years myself.

I just don't agree with some of their range rules and I just did not feel it was a nice fit for myself considering my firearm interests and being a non-hunter.
    That’s fine Fastball, sorry JSA didn't work out for you. I was just trying to let everyone know what Jefferson Sportsmen's Association is all about, mainly for those who may be looking for a little fellowship and camaraderie that comes with being involved in an organization in addition to having a great place to shoot.

(Adams County)

At Jefferson Sportmans - the hours are from sunrise to sunset.
    They give you a gate pass. You just move the pass in front
    of the gate eye and the gate's opens. You don't even have to get
    out of the truck.
    I'm there once a week and I have never waited to shoot.
    Always an open lane.

~LATER~
    Bill----------------------->
    NRA - LIFE / ENDOWMENT MEMBER
    LIFE MEMBER - VIETNAM VETERANS AMERICA
    U.S.NAVY SEAWOLVES - VIETNAM 69/70

(York County)

While not close to Hanover for daily stops probably, York IWLA is a great outdoor range, easy to join, and no silly range rules WWW.yorkiwla.org.

What we do have that is worth the drive to many, is an active action shooting program, with several matches a month. Check our blog for more info, and come out for a visit.

gary

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast