Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default H and R model 04.32.6 shot

Going through my mothers old boxes, and found a gun wrapped up in a scarf. It has 2" octagon barrel. Appears to be nickel plated and in good shape. Has Pearl grips. Has H and R FIREARMS WORCESTER MASS on the barrel and DOUBLE ACTION and the model number on the receiver. Does have the SN on the bottom of gun, but I dont have it with me now. It was a 5 digit number. I assume this is a 32 caliber, but dont know if it would be a long or short. Would like to know what year it is made.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: H and R model 04.32.6 shot

We need the serial number to determine year.

Six shots were usually Long's. All you have to do is measure the cylinder or from the rear of cylinder down the inside of the chamber to the throat.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by walker8424 View Post
    Going through my mothers old boxes, and found a gun wrapped up in a scarf. It has 2" octagon barrel. Appears to be nickel plated and in good shape. Has Pearl grips. Has H and R FIREARMS WORCESTER MASS on the barrel and DOUBLE ACTION and the model number on the receiver. Does have the SN on the bottom of gun, but I dont have it with me now. It was a 5 digit number. I assume this is a 32 caliber, but dont know if it would be a long or short. Would like to know what year it is made.
    Let us know the Letter the s/n starts with and we can let you know the date. I have several old H&R's, they are fun little pistols. Nice to find goodies when cleaning

I will be back home tomorrow, and will get the SN. One thing though, I dont think it started with a letter. I think the first 2 numbers wer either 19 or 14, and it was a 5 digit number. I can try and post a picture tomorrow, but I'm not to good at posting pictures.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by walker8424 View Post
    I will be back home tomorrow, and will get the SN. One thing though, I dont think it started with a letter. I think the first 2 numbers wer either 19 or 14, and it was a 5 digit number. I can try and post a picture tomorrow, but I'm not to good at posting pictures.
    Hmmmm, all the date charts I have for H&R show a letter prefix. If it truley is a 5 digit number only, I will have to defer to one of the H&R experts in here !

(Northampton County)

Default There is a poster........

........by the name of 32Magnum who is an avid collector of H&Rs and NEFs. I'm sure he'll step in and fill you in. If you give him the serial #, he'll place the year of manufacture, who built it, and whether the man had a BM on his shift.

OK, just kidding about everything except the year of manufacture and whatever technical details are related to that particular revolver. He is really good about digging up stuff on H&Rs and NEFs. It's his hobby and has a GREAT collection. I'm always jealous when he posts pics of his collection.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: There is a poster........

Quote Originally Posted by KevininPa View Post
    ........by the name of 32Magnum who is an avid collector of H&Rs and NEFs. I'm sure he'll step in and fill you in. If you give him the serial #, he'll place the year of manufacture, who built it, and whether the man had a BM on his shift.

OK, just kidding about everything except the year of manufacture and whatever technical details are related to that particular revolver. He is really good about digging up stuff on H&Rs and NEFs. It's his hobby and has a GREAT collection. I'm always jealous when he posts pics of his collection.
    +1 32Magnum is the best - he's helped me on many of my H&R purchases

As usual, I cant figure out how to post a picture on here.

But, here is exactly what is written on the gun.

On the barrel (Octagon shaped, 2" long) it says "H&R ARMS COMPANY
    WORCESTER, MASS.U.S.A"

On top of the receiver it says H&R DOUBLE ACTION
    MODEL 04.32.6 SHOT

On the bottom of the handle is the number 14793

Unless it is not a 1, but it sure looks like it.

I can e-mail some pictures to somebody if they want to post them on here. I cant figure it out.

And, looking at it a little closer, it is in really good shape. Still see case colors on the hammer. Does this gun have a safety? Gun probably hasn't seen the light of day in 40 years.

(Cumberland County)

Look like this ? I'm just not sure about the serial number w/o a letter prefix. Hopefully 32magnum can answer that one :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast