Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Perry County)

Default Re: GOP To Approve ‘Most Pro-Gun Platform Ever’ At the RNC

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    \

Are you insane? He's already passed anti-gun laws, and made his position clear that all "assault weapons" should be banned.

Based on that the NRA approves him!

He hates guns and has banned them. And said he hates "assault weapons" and we should not have them - straight up. Obama has never banned a single gun.

If you think Romney might be better than Obama, I don't know. I wont argue about that.

But the amount of ignorance and hypocrisy over Romney is amazing. Don't anybody ever ever ever tell me that Romney is anything other than anti-2A.

If Romney wins, I will cry once again when you guys are saying he "had to sign those darn registration laws for every single firearm in the US, it's not perfect but it's OK and we won't fight him over it."

Like I said, if you think he is better than Obama, fine. But you people are saying he is pro-2A and that scares the living shit out of me because Republicans never do a damn thing to stop any infringements on our rights under Republican administrations. You shitheads whistled by the graveyard for the past 10 years and that is why the entire Bill of Rights has been nullified and nobody here has a right to even life, liberty, or due process under any circumstances if the government decides otherwise on a whim.
    First, I'm not a shithead and you should probably edit that before someone more sensitive than I reports it.

Second, I don't think Romney is pro-2A, I also don't think he is anti-2A. I think he is ambivalent. He dances with the people that bring him. In Massachusetts, that was a fairly large base of working Dems and liberal elite.

This time, it's going to be the center and the right. He's not going to fuck that up. He's got no skin in the game where guns are concerned and he will be loyal to those that hold his political future in their hands.

He didn't get wealthy being an emotional being. The RNC did a decent job of humanizing him and I'm sure he is a very nice guy to those within his small circle. Outside of that circle, I'm sure he's very calculating and doesn't make missteps due to emotion. If gun grabbing will help him more than hurt him, he'll do it. If it doesn't, he won't. You want to help keep him in check. Get every gun owner you know to join the NRA.

We have zero control over Obama. He despises us, he despises guns and he's not a political animal, he's an activist. He will gut us the first chance he gets.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Northampton County)

Default Re: GOP To Approve ‘Most Pro-Gun Platform Ever’ At the RNC

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    First, I'm not a shithead and you should probably edit that before someone more sensitive than I reports it.
    First, I wasn't responding to you.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Second, I don't think Romney is pro-2A, I also don't think he is anti-2A. I think he is ambivalent. He dances with the people that bring him. In Massachusetts, that was a fairly large base of working Dems and liberal elite.
    That's fine. I said I don't think he is worse than Obama. I just will not tolerate it when people tell me he is pro-2A. Romney bans guns, Obama has not.

Then, when people say, don't worry, because the GOP won't allow any gun banners, well, Romney is the top gun banner in the last 80 years from the GOP.

So, the GOP not only allows it, but encourages it. If it was completely a 2A ticket, the GOP would nominate Obama.

In other words, I don't expect you people to do anything to protect our rights under Romney any more than you did under Bush.

This time, it's going to be the center and the right. He's not going to fuck that up. He's got no skin in the game where guns are concerned and he will be loyal to those that hold his political future in their hands.
    I'm sure Obama would do the same. He has expressed displeasure for assault weapons, just in less explicit terms than Romney has.
    Last edited by ungawa; August 31st, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123