Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: GOP To Approve ‘Most Pro-Gun Platform Ever’ At the RNC

Were they planning to lock Romney in a broom closet or something?

BTW, the original Examiner article, and by extension the linked article, were referring to Tuesday, 8/28/12 - which has passed. Did anybody hear the GOP roll out this platform? Because I missed it.

This appears to be the current platform provision, based on a quick Google search:

http://whitehouse12.com/republican-party-platform/

The Second Amendment: Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms (Top)

We uphold the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, a right which antedated the Constitution and was solemnly confirmed by the Second Amendment. We acknowledge, support, and defend the law-abiding citizen’s God-given right of self-defense. We call for the protection of such fundamental individual rights recognized in the Supreme Court’s decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago affirming that right, and we recognize the individual responsibility to safely use and store firearms. This also includes the right to obtain and store ammunition without registration. We support the fundamental right to self-defense wherever a law-abiding citizen has a legal right to be, and we support federal legislation that would expand the exercise of that right by allowing those with state-issued carry permits to carry firearms in any state that issues such permits to its own residents. Gun ownership is responsible citizenship, enabling Americans to defend their homes and communities. We condemn frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers and oppose federal licensing or registration of law-abiding gun owners. We oppose legislation that is intended to restrict our Second Amendment rights by limiting the capacity of clips or magazines or otherwise restoring the ill-considered Clinton gun ban. We condemn the reckless actions associated with the operation known as “Fast and Furious,” conducted by the Department of Justice, which resulted in the murder of a U.S. Border Patrol Agent and others on both sides of the border. We applaud the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives in holding the current Administration’s Attorney General in contempt of Congress for his refusal to cooperate with their investigation into that debacle. We oppose the improper collection of firearms sales information in the four southern border states, which was imposed without congressional authority.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by renalp View Post
    Maybe, but actions speak louder that words. Mitt has already done most of the things that people fear Obama might try in a second term.
    Yes, Mitt signed an AWB bill that came to his desk. Within the bill there was pro-gun legislation as well. Do some research on all that the bill contained.

A governor or president can only sign what reaches his desk as far as law is concerned. They also have the ability to regulate through various agencies. Obama or Romney may never get a gun grab bill to sign into law.

The difference is that Obama will actively support the UN Small Arms Treaty and work diligently to use it against the 2A. He will work with the Secretaries of Health, the Interior, Homeland Security and DOJ to get regulation that will harm our 2A rights. He will actively push a gun ban agenda and will encourage amendments to bills to chip away wherever he can.

He will likely fill one SCOTUS seat, and has a reasonable chance at two or three. If Ginsburg goes, he replaces an old liberal with one that will be around for a generation. If he replaces one of the next two oldest justices, the balance of the court shifts to a liberal majority that will rubber stamp any gun grab law. Roberts is already a wild-card (maybe) and it would be very helpful to our cause to see Ginsburg replaced by a conservative.

It goes way beyond Romney voted for an AWB and Obama signed carry in National Parks.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Yes, Mitt signed an AWB bill that came to his desk.
    He was pretty enthusiastic about it at the time: “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Is there any non-speculative (repeat: non-speculative) evidence that Romney is the more Pro-2A candidate?

(Montgomery County)

Ooh, strong language.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

This too is strong language and we see how often they adhere to that one...

(Monroe County)

I don't think that any political group can ignore the "Record Gun" sales.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/22...election-year/

People talk a lot of crap, but its another story when you actually have millions of people forking over $400 to $1000 for new guns.

People are voting with their money every day at the gun store. This is a leading indicator of what they will vote for in November.

(Perry County)

He was pretty enthusiastic about it at the time: “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Is there any non-speculative (repeat: non-speculative) evidence that Romney is the more Pro-2A candidate?
    I'll be taking their latest statements on the matter. Mitt says no new regulation, and Obama says he wants further regulation.

If I get duped, it won't be because I aided in a second Obama administration and didn't believe what he said just prior to the election.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I don't think that any political group can ignore the "Record Gun" sales.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/22...election-year/

People talk a lot of crap, but its another story when you actually have millions of people forking over $400 to $1000 for new guns.

People are voting with their money every day at the gun store. This is a leading indicator of what they will vote for in November.
    Exactly.

The Republicans didn't ignore it when they nominated a person who signed an Assault Weapons Ban and said, “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people," as the Republican presidential candidate.

I wonder how many gun bans the next Republican will have to sign to earn the nomination for 2016?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'll be taking their latest statements on the matter. Mitt says no new regulation, and Obama says he wants further regulation.

If I get duped, it won't be because I aided in a second Obama administration and didn't believe what he said just prior to the election.
    I have to Agree. I wish a more pro-gun candidate was nominated, but we have to work with what we have at hand.

I have to believe that the NRA will tar and feather Romney for any anti-gun legislature he even considers.

Romney has to know by now that after Economic issues... its all about gun rights now.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I have to Agree. I wish a more pro-gun candidate was nominated, but we have to work with what we have at hand.

I have to believe that the NRA will tar and feather Romney for any anti-gun legislature he even considers.
    \

Are you insane? He's already passed anti-gun laws, and made his position clear that all "assault weapons" should be banned.

Based on that the NRA approves him!

He hates guns and has banned them. And said he hates "assault weapons" and we should not have them - straight up. Obama has never banned a single gun.

If you think Romney might be better than Obama, I don't know. I wont argue about that.

But the amount of ignorance and hypocrisy over Romney is amazing. Don't anybody ever ever ever tell me that Romney is anything other than anti-2A.

If Romney wins, I will cry once again when you guys are saying he "had to sign those darn registration laws for every single firearm in the US, it's not perfect but it's OK and we won't fight him over it."

Like I said, if you think he is better than Obama, fine. But you people are saying he is pro-2A and that scares the living shit out of me because Republicans never do a damn thing to stop any infringements on our rights under Republican administrations. You shitheads whistled by the graveyard for the past 10 years and that is why the entire Bill of Rights has been nullified and nobody here has a right to even life, liberty, or due process under any circumstances if the government decides otherwise on a whim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast