Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Angry Kel Tec 380 issues

So I got a used P3AT keltec 380 today at a local shop it had some side mounted laser it looked well used but at 175$ with laser I took it.

Got to the range and the gun would fail to feed having the fmj both federal and rem. umc would nose dive every 2 or 3 rounds while test fireing it. It also stove piped and failed to eject a few rounds total failure was about 15 rounds out of 50 totally unexceptable for a carry piece. What do you guys think could be wrong with it?

My main question is could it have been just a cleaning and polishing issue?

It was sent out to keltec Im just hoping it comes back in 100% reliable working order.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Kel Tec 380 issues

THe trick to buying a Kel-Tec is to always buy 2 of them because one will always be making the trip to Cocoa Florida so you will always have one in service while the other one is getting fixed again.

Personally i would never carry a Keltec as a personal defense Gun, but obviously some people do, if you must have a Keltec get the P-11 , still the best Kel-Tec ever made.

I dont want to encourage you to get new mags etc. and throw good money after bad but its probably a mag or dirt issue.

For $175 you can get a good used Smith &Wesson revolver that you can bet your life on.

Go over to www.KT.org and see if the good folks over there can help you resolve the issue, more than likely though it will be making that trip to Cocoa.

(Lehigh County)

yeah I thought it might be a mag dont get me wrong my wife has a pink p32 that runs awesome never failed.

Ive had 0 luck with smith's current j frame and I barely carry in the pocket but at times im forced to so I thought a cheap keltec with laser would be ok.

I think it may have been the mag but who knows ofcourse they advise you to ship it back with no mag so we wont know if it was until a month unless someone has a working keltec 380 who want to try my mag?

(Chester County)

I've got a Kel-Tec P3AT and it has been flawless for me. It's fired everything I've put through it. I don't enjoy shooting it but it's fairly accurate at close range and goes bang every time no matter the ammo.

Having said all that, Kel-Tec will make it run just fine for you. Their customer service is excellent from what I've read on here and other forums.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Sounds like someone had issues with it and traded it off. Sucks for the next buyer but that is chance you take. Hopefully Keltec can fix the gun or get you into one that works properly.

Smile Re: Kel Tec 380 issues

some work well out of the box,a few dont,but worth the time to send to KT for repair,good luck

(Allegheny County)

How about the infamous "limp wrist" issue?

It may not be the source of your issues, but maybe it could be a contributing factor?

If it comes back from KT and the problem is still there, even with new mags, then have someone else shoot it and see what happens.
    Toujours prêt

(Lehigh County)

I considered limp wristing issues but I shoot other pocket 380 without issue.

Thanks guys I hope it comes back working like most of you have said.