Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

(Philadelphia County)

Default Roll Call

Juniata Members, introduce yourselves and say hi.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Roll Call

How strange...I guess I'm the only member in Juniata county......does that make me unique, or does everyone else know something I dont?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Alchymist View Post
    How strange...I guess I'm the only member in Juniata county......does that make me unique, or does everyone else know something I dont?
    Not Unique, just the first one to "roll call". I guess there are at least two of us now in the county.

Ok where the keck is Juanita?

Oh I feel like I just asked where a girl was... Pretty bad for a guy who lives in ....

Beaver!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Juniata County)

Deadhead, according to the county membership list, there are you, me, & 5 others.... a whole 7 of us.....

As to where we are - Juniata County is approximately 1/2 way between State College and Harrisburg. Puts us almost dead center in the state.

(Mifflin County)

Dead center of the state is Arronsburg next door to Milhiem on rt 45 in center county. Juniata and Mifflin counties are some of the smallest countys cause the Lewistown Narrows makes it hard for people to agree on things like where the county seat should be.....ect. And now we done sent the PSP down there to watch over you all!
    LOL! Joking!
    Spent almost as much time in Juniata county while growing up as I did in Mifflin! Might have missed 1 "Trail Ride weekend" at the Saddle club from the time I was born til I was 14...

mark61

(Juniata County)

Talking Re: Roll Call

Juniata County may not be the "exact" center of the state, but I'm in the same boat with Alchymist when it comes to the "where do you live it" question. I say almost the exact same thing as he does word for word. It's something that even someone from Perry County can understand. (HA HA HA)

The State Police may have moved down to Arch Rock, but they stayed pretty close to Lewistown for all the hell raising that goes on up there. It still takes them over a half hour to get to the other end of the county (Oriental) in my old stompin' ground where the real hell raising occurs. (Even though both Selinsgrove and Newport Barracks are technically closer.) They just moved down here to catch more speeders on the nice new Narrows International Speedway. (It's SOOO much better than it was, isn't it!) I just got back home from my "Honey - we need to go to Walmart" trip to Lewistown and there were two cruisers out with people pulled over. I'm sure they'll be plenty busy with bridge work at Port Royal and Mifflin/Mifflintown this summer - especially on race night.

Now, if we can just get an immigration office and indoor handgun ranges for the winter, we'll be set down here. Oh yeah - a Walmart too so I don't have to drive to Lewistown.

(Mifflin County)

I hear ya bout all those. Immigration needs an office, PSP seem to really enjoy writing those tickets on the Narrows drag strip and an in door big bore shooting range would be nice! Lewistown Pistol Club does .22 indoor but the big bores are too hard on the backer plate and cause lead concerns.

As for Wal-mart---I always go at 6am when I get off work. Lotsa parking and no lines at check out!

I though Oriental calmed down since the Hotel became "Serena's Iron Skillet" ?

mark61

(Juniata County)

Nah - Oriental calmed down after I moved to Port Royal. That's the reason. HA HA HA. But really - it has calmed down quite a bit from when I was younger.

You still hear gun shots all night long though - either people are out coon huntin' or poaching deer. I've never slept so peaceful with gunshots in the background. I'll have to admit though - I really miss living in an area where you could leave your cars, houses and doors unlocked. (Hell, I didn't even have keys to the house I rented down there.) I really miss being able to shoot and piss from my back porch - well maybe just the shooting part when it's late and dark outside. I'd still be down there yet if my wife didn't force me to buy a house somewhere "closer to civilization" (This was shortly after the 550 lb Black Bear walked across the front yard about 10 yards from us. The "City" girl almost shit herself in fear - I laughed so hard just watching her yell and run back to the house. I was yelling too - get the camera!)

i live in mifflintown.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast