Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Exclamation My Adams county LTC experience.

Hello all, I just moved out here from the west coast a few weeks ago, and have been reading these forums for a bit now and decided to post my experience of getting my carry permit. I have to admit, after reading alot of the horror stories from others in different counties (Phili), i was expecting to have difficulties.
    I got my application all filled out and listed my two references, photocopied my WA permit, and went on down to the courthouse in Gettysburg. I had expected to just drop it off and wait the 45 days to hear back, but that didnt happen. The nice young lady at the counter asked if i wanted to wait or come back later. So i asked how long would it take, she said if one of my references anwsers her call, it would only take 10 minutes! I was pleasently surprised to say the least! She called my PA reference and asked two questions. I was photographed and paid $20 cash....out the door i went with my new PA carry permit. Very smooth and stress free process! The most difficult part was finding a photocopier in Gettysburg....lol, had to drive all over the place to copy my WA permit.
    I'm glad i dont live in the Phili area! Take care folks.
    [/SIGPIC]

Default Re: My Adams county LTC experience.

Hey Chuck!

Yes, Adams county is probably one of the best counties in which to file your LTCF. Both my wife and I filled out the paperwork and received our notices in the mail within one week. No hassle from the Sheriffs Office whatsoever. If you ever decide to open carry, this is probably one of the best counties to do it in as well. I've only ever had an encounter with the police once and it was rather quick and professional.

Be careful of going up to York though, I've heard from a few sources that the police chief will do anything in his power to yank your license if you OC. Regardless, I've OC'd up there several times without a problem.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper061 View Post
    Hey Chuck!

Yes, Adams county is probably one of the best counties in which to file your LTCF. Both my wife and I filled out the paperwork and received our notices in the mail within one week. No hassle from the Sheriffs Office whatsoever. If you ever decide to open carry, this is probably one of the best counties to do it in as well. I've only ever had an encounter with the police once and it was rather quick and professional.

Be careful of going up to York though, I've heard from a few sources that the police chief will do anything in his power to yank your license if you OC. Regardless, I've OC'd up there several times without a problem.

I must be doing something wrong then. Although I don't live in York City I go there a lot, and my brother lives there. Been OCing all around for 4 years... including a nice chat with a York City PD Sergeant, and never a bad encounter.

Don't get me wrong, I've heard of the bad ones, and I believe it. However, on balance, there are other stories too.

Almost forgot... welcome to PAFOA Chuckie!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Adams County)

Thanks for the heads-up on York gentlemen. I'll keep it in mind when i'm out that way. I was impressed with the way things went at the courthouse today. I'm glad i live out here in the boonies of Adams county lol.
    [/SIGPIC]

(Adams County)

Welcome to the forums and the neighborhood. I'm only a few miles from you in Orrtanna. I usually CC now for my wife, although I prefer OC. Maybe we can get together sometime being that we are neighbors. I think you will find that there aren't many people who will bother you for carrying around here. The only place I have had a problem was the walmart in Gettysburg. I was asked to cover up. By the way, what do you carry?
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

Can we get a petition going to get this changed in Delaware County? I mean seriously, 45 days wait and 2 wasted trips to their office to listen to the counter helps opinions and interpretations on the 2nd amendment, how each county is a little kingdom where they can make up their own policies. I mean Really? bullshit.
    Fill the box and ask him why this takes so long in delaware county

AskTheSheriff@co.delaware.pa.us <AskTheSheriff@co.delaware.pa.us>

Oh sorry, welcome Chuck Norris.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; August 28th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Can we get a petition going to get this changed in Delaware County? I mean seriously, 45 days wait and 2 wasted trips to their office to listen to the counter helps opinions and interpretations on the 2nd amendment, how each county is a little kingdom where they can make up their own policies. I mean Really? bullshit.
    Fill the box and ask him why this takes so long in delaware county

AskTheSheriff@co.delaware.pa.us <AskTheSheriff@co.delaware.pa.us>

Oh sorry, welcome Chuck Norris.
    The further you get from Philthy, the better it gets. Have you considered going west young man?

Welcome Chuck, but why do you need a gun?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Adams County)

Glad to hear its easy. I need a new one coming up soon, still using my Wyoming County one...which took 10 minutes, and the Sheriff was as nice, polite, and professional as anyone could be.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Adams County)

Well howdy Evan,

Yep i'm right down the road from ya. Yea....I dont shop at Wal-mart anyhow. I refuse to do business with them lol. Once i get situated here we'll have to do a bit of shooting some day! I carry a Glock 17 usually, i switch it up every now and then.

Streaker.......I dont need one, but i like the option available to me. I've carried concealed and wore body armor the last 10 years for work (repo man) on the west coast, kinda feel naked leaving the house without that extra weight on my side lol. But it's nice not to really need it fulltime out here in the woods.
    [/SIGPIC]

(Adams County)

Does the humidity ever drop below 70% out here?!!!?! LOL. Still trying to adjust to the temp!
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast