Hello all, I just moved out here from the west coast a few weeks ago, and have been reading these forums for a bit now and decided to post my experience of getting my carry permit. I have to admit, after reading alot of the horror stories from others in different counties (Phili), i was expecting to have difficulties.
I got my application all filled out and listed my two references, photocopied my WA permit, and went on down to the courthouse in Gettysburg. I had expected to just drop it off and wait the 45 days to hear back, but that didnt happen. The nice young lady at the counter asked if i wanted to wait or come back later. So i asked how long would it take, she said if one of my references anwsers her call, it would only take 10 minutes! I was pleasently surprised to say the least! She called my PA reference and asked two questions. I was photographed and paid $20 cash....out the door i went with my new PA carry permit. Very smooth and stress free process! The most difficult part was finding a photocopier in Gettysburg....lol, had to drive all over the place to copy my WA permit.
I'm glad i dont live in the Phili area! Take care folks.