Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keltec .40

(Montgomery County)

Default Keltec .40

Looking for some model info here. In the late 90's I owned a Keltec .40 that I used as a carry gun. What I am looking for is what models were new around then. Unfortunately I let a dealer convince me that I needed to lose that and a Ruger that I had, and "buy up". Due to career choices I drifted away from carrying, but recently I started CCing again and would like to have that gun back. I recently bought a G27 and use that, but for some reason I miss that little keltec. It was an all black model, I believe a p40, but I am not sure. Can any dealers or kel tec guys help me out.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Keltec .40

Keltec stopped making the P40. You might try your luck on the used market. Kahr has a couple little .40s, but for a higher price.

(Monroe County)

I have one.

They were only made for a few years. They go for a slight premium over a p-11 as it is out of production. 250-300$ for a nice one seems about what they go for.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Learn something new every day, didn't even know KelTec made a .40. I see you can still buy P40 magazines on KelTecs site for $22Ea.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Learn something new every day, didn't even know KelTec made a .40. I see you can still buy P40 magazines on KelTecs site for $22Ea.
    Yes. And a good tip is to only get the Keltec mags. There are some aftermarket ones out there for the p-40, and they are simply crap.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Cumberland County)

Only one on GB - $395. A lot for a used Kel-Tec, but if you really like it. I'd take my $395 and get a Kahr 40 or similar and have $10 left over for the pics

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=303132944

(Bucks County)

They stopped making them because too many were returned as defective, when actually it was limp wristing. I had a 40 cal conversion for my P11. It was a handful. I sold it not long after i bought it. They show up once in a while on Gunbroker. Keep your eyes open. KTOG.org is a good place for keltec info.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Lehigh County)

Kel-Tecs are great from what I've seen

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Tanners in Jamison about 30 minutes from you has one in the used case as of this afternoon for $149 - it's in good condition with one exception - someone polished the slide (while I don't particularly care for that style, they did a professional quality job.)

Call them when they open at 10 and they will set it to the side for you until the end of the day with no deposit.

:-)
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

Tanners in Jamison about 30 minutes from you has one in the used case as of this afternoon for $149 - it's in good condition with one exception - someone polished the slide (while I don't particularly care for that style, they did a professional quality job.)
    Refinish the slide and it will look like new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast