Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Suburban Armory Collingdale,PA

I bought a used AKM (CAI SAR-1) a couple weeks ago from this shop. It was the exact rifle that I had been looking for and overpaid slightly for it just because it's what I wanted. The purchase was smooth enough the owner was helpful and pleasant during the transaction. Since it was used I wanted to get to the range as soon as possible to make sure that it actually functioned properly and the closest place I could try it out at was Philadelphia Archery and Gun Club in S. Philly. The gun ran flawlessly except that me and my father were both hitting the target to the left and the max distance at this range is only 45'. After getting home and doing some research I found that it is common in Century built rifles that the front can be canted. My front sight was in fact canted and the gas block was also slightly twisted to the right. I took my rifle back to Suburban Armory because during the transaction the owner made quite a few mentions about the gunsmith that he used, I wasn't looking for any compensation from the owner just a phone number or some information about the gunsmith so that I could get the problem corrected. When I got back to the shop and explained my problem and asked about his gunsmith it was like he no longer wanted anything to do with me. He basically told me I was seeing things and that I should shoot the rifle at a longer outdoor range. That didn't seem to make any sense to me since if I was off at 45' I figure shooting at a greater distance I would just be farther to the left. So I left dissatisified and did some research about gunsmiths in the area. I ended up taking my rifle to Classic Pistol last night in Sourhhampton and the man behind the counter agrees with me that both the front sight and the gas block were off to the right and that their gunsmith could fix my problem. Bottom line is InL would never buy anything from this shop again after the service I was given by the owner.
    *S&W M&P9 *Remington 870 *Ruger 10/22 *CAI SAR-1 AKM

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Suburban Armory Collingdale,PA

Suburban Armory used to be a Great place back when it was Tommy 2's Rod and Gun, and when the 1st owners took over and became Suburban Armory. When this New guy came in and took it over for what it is today, is totally crap! He has his little "Click" of old timers that hang there and they get all the attention. He is always about the "almighty Sale", He is rude, Over priced and not worth the time, Although he does have a decent stock, he is over priced.

(Montgomery County)

I bought my first firearm here (several years ago, just saw this thread now) and really got bent over a barrel.

I was new to guns and didn't realize the price on the same gun would vary so much between sources.

While it was ultimately my responsibility to do more research, I can definitely say I won't be back to buy another gun, nor anything else from this shop since they were so willing to capitalize on my novice ignorance.

Yea, you gave me a promotional hat. Thanks. Doesn't make up for overcharging by $150.
    Last edited by PA86; September 1st, 2012 at 11:58 PM.

I can only reiterate some of the above comments. One of the WORST gun stores I've ever been to. Extremely over-priced and the owner is less than friendly.

(Delaware County)

Felt the need to post this because of yet another News Report in the Daily Times 12/20/13, that a woman made not one but two straw purchases from this shop in the same day while accompanied by the felon she was purchasing for. This store is not only over priced as stated above but also has bad service and is clearly not using any discretion when making sales. These types of shops are why honest, law abiding citizens are feeling the affects of gun laws while shops are walking away unpunished. Maybe after multiple straw purchases are linked to a peticular shop, that shop should be in some way punished financial to discourage a sales over discretion policy. Hope this post has not offended anyone, and possibly will make people aware that spending any money in these type of shops enables them to continue what they are doing while feeding the media with reason to come down on gun owners.
    Last edited by Raptorfist; December 22nd, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

(Delaware County)

This is the closest shop to me. After being treated rudely the first time I stopped in, I never went back.

I went in there during the summer. I got the same feeling. Wont be going back.

(Delaware County)

Passed the store many times and hearing the reviews, I will keep passing it. I guess the clique of old timers spend enough to keep the store in business, which it has been for many years.

I do remember, not that long ago, they were victims of a break in. Don't remember how many, if any, firearms were stolen.

(Delaware County)

Im one of the old time customers the will get his attention.

Even i don't like the place or shop there anymore, think on that.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorfist View Post
    Felt the need to post this because of yet another News Report in the Daily Times 12/20/13, that a woman made not one but two straw purchases from this shop in the same day while accompanied by the felon she was purchasing for. This store is not only over priced as stated above but also has bad service and is clearly not using any discretion when making sales. These types of shops are why honest, law abiding citizens are feeling the affects of gun laws while shops are walking away unpunished. Maybe after multiple straw purchases are linked to a peticular shop, that shop should be in some way responsible or punished financial to discourage a sales over discretion policy. Hope this post has not offended anyone, and possibly will make people aware that spending any money in these type of shops enables them to continue what they are doing while feeding the media with reason to come down on gun owners.
    Thinking this is the story being referenced in above post:
    <edited to remove story link, since it was not related to the story referenced by Raptorfist's post>

Please explain why a gun shop should be held accountable for the illegal acts of one of their customers, when the gun shop followed lawful procedure. The gun shop walked away unpunished because they did nothing to warrant punishment. Is it the gun shop's fault that a customer lied on the form, and later gave the purchased firearms to someone who could not legally buy or possess a firearm? Next time someone buys a firearm, is it now required that the person standing next to the buyer must also pass a PICS check even if the buyer has never seen that person before in their life, has no association with, and will likely never see again?

Please cite statues if you choose to respond, as I am not interested in opinion.

Going to suggest a concept that might seem strange to some: Leave individuals to be held accountable for their own actions instead of trying to punish others who have done nothing wrong.

Just to be clear, and to stay on topic of this thread, I am NOT defending Suburban Armory in any way. Have never visited, and have no plans to, given the comments from people who have first hand experiences with them. But seeing posts trying to pin stuff like this on them is absurd, regardless of what one thinks about the store itself.
    Last edited by CountryMick; December 22nd, 2013 at 12:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast