Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Self defense tools for MD visits

I think I will be going into MD tomorrow for the state fair, since I can not carry what are my options for self defense tools? I usually carry a very small fixed blade knife that only has a 1 3/4 inch blade but I can deploy it quickly, is that legal to carry? Is my three inch blade folder legal to carry, I could always carry it in my front pocket instead of my back? I do not have pepper spray but thought about picking one up tomorrow if that is legal to carry

My primary concern is the walk from the fair to wherever we park, last year we parked in a lot about a half mile form the entrance and the walk back to the car in the ark felt like it took forever

(Berks County)

Default Re: Self defense tools for MD visits

Last time I was in New York City I carried a messenger bag with water, snacks, bags for things I was purchasing while there, and - in one of the easy-to-access side pouches - a 3D Maglite, like my father carried when he was on the force. A flashlight so it's a practical item to have, but also a deadly weapon if need be.

Not sure if that's in the cards for you, but I know I felt more comfortable with it. Certainly beat having just my fists.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Self defense tools for MD visits

http://knife-expert.com/md.txt

Please remember most states have knife laws similar to PA meaning no preemption. Any municipalities may have their own laws.