Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Where to move..Pike, Monroe, Northhampton, Bucks?

Me and my husband are relocating to PA from the Jersey shore. We need to stay as east to PA as possible because he commutes to Jersey City. Being right on the border of the state will help cut down commute time.Let me tell you about ourselves and what we are looking for...We have 5 kids so good schools are a MUST. We need access to a Catholic church. My husband likes using guns and ranges.I ride horses and we like moderate snow. We can afford a 250,000 house. Id like low crime and predominantly republican area.Yes I really want to avoid liberals!! Thats why Im leaving Jersey! Anyway we need quick access to major highways, no state roads. I want rural but I need to know there are a few places to shop. We are not big nightlife people. I just dont want to travel an hour to go food shopping or to a pharmacy. Im a bit worried about flooding as well

Right now I really want to move to Pike. But Ive researched other areas. Ive heard most of Monroe is crappy. Ive heard Northhampton has god and bad. The only place in Bucks I can live is Upper Bucks which seems very remote and expensive. Ive been told Pike meets most of my needs.

What do you think?

Default Re: Where to move..Pike, Monroe, Northhampton, Bucks?

I think you answered your own question.
    Pike is probably your best bet. I doubt the schools are anything to brag about.

A piece of advice from a former long time pocono dweller.
    Make plans to work more locally.
    Maybe not right away, but plan on it.
    Commuting blows and will suck the life right out of you in a couple years.
    Be part of the community where you end up living, and don't try to have it both ways. Move to Pa and embrace it. I suspect you will be happier in long run.
    FUCK BIDEN

Also he already commutes and hour and a half from where we are now. And he works midnites so he avoids most traffic

A new job isnt an option for my husband. Hes been with the same police dept for 12 years and has 8 years until retirement luckily. I dont work. Im a stay at home mom. According to my research the schools in the Milford, Dingman and Matamoras are better than the other school districts. Northhampton is closer to Rt 80 though but Ive heard 2 stories...its a nice place and it isnt a nice place. So im looking for more input on that county

(Lackawanna County)

I live in pike stay away from the gated communities. Most are not close to the highway although nice. And if you get stuck behind an old lady you're screwed because you can't pass on any of the roads. I'd look more towards westfalk township or matamoras its a hop to 84 and the train goes out from port her is too.

Wink Re: Where to move..Pike, Monroe, Northhampton, Bucks?

I am sorta stuck rightnoe in a gated community,Not so much a problem with visitors on the weekend as much as there is a glorified association of jack asses who think they can rule the world,Stay away from gated,consider your commute,the rural the better if you can in any of these countys.

(Monroe County)

Where at the Jersey Shore?

Jersey City is almost directly across 78 so that is the corridor I would look in. Williams Township, Palmer, outside of Hellertown, etc.

Right now while Obama is Prez and we're in a depression 250K buys a bunch of house and in the right area enough land to have your own range.

(Monroe County)

If you want to avoid Liberals and want generally low crime avoid Monroe. I have grown up here and watched it deteriorate into a cesspool.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalicia105 View Post
    Right now I really want to move to Pike. But Ive researched other areas. Ive heard most of Monroe is crappy. Ive heard Northhampton has god and bad. The only place in Bucks I can live is Upper Bucks which seems very remote and expensive. Ive been told Pike meets most of my needs.

What do you think?
    Del Val in Pike is a good school. There are excellent parts of Monroe and Northampton. Bucks is ok but........

I've never owned a home in Pike but have in Bucks, Nothampton and Monroe.

Pike to Jersey City IMHO would suck.

(Pike County)

I've commuted from Pike to J.C. quite a few times (big client there), Pike to NYC for a couple of years, ditto Pike to Lyndhurst, NJ. Rush hour this commute will S.U.C.K. as exbiker says. If your hubby works a night shift (after the PM rush hour) it would be about the same amount of time as Toms River, with the exception that he would occasionally get slow-poked getting down 206 to 15. Alternate route is to go the long way around via 84-17 but that is much further (gas $$) for the same amount of time spent driving.

It's a very nice area.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Del Val in Pike is a good school. There are excellent parts of Monroe and Northampton. Bucks is ok but........

I've never owned a home in Pike but have in Bucks, Nothampton and Monroe.

Pike to Jersey City IMHO would suck.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast