Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Where to move..Pike, Monroe, Northhampton, Bucks?

I have been in monroe my whole life and I would choose it over most of the surrounding areas in a heartbeat. Imo, the stuff in pike is too remote and the stuff on the easton, allentown area its not remote enough. There is plenty in the area of monroe that is a good mix. Of course there are good and bad areas all over, but if you find something im sure that there are plenty of people that can give you more specific info on a place when you have a more specific area to look at!

Actually I don't mind Toms River at all. I was originally a benny lol! Its one of the last republican counties left in NJ.Im in the suburbs with every store I need, alot of religion and values are still here. The schools are awesome and low property tax. I hate to leave.But NJ is a commie state and I cant stand the liberal horse shit.Interestingly enough Milford is less miles to JC but everyone recommends NH county, specifically Nazareth which google earth says is farther from JC. So how is a commute quicker in NH than Milford....highways??

(Lackawanna County)

The major highway you have in Milford is 84 east and westbound through NY to Scranton and then south is 209 towards stroudsburg. And then route 15 towards jc.route 15 sucks if you get stuck behind a slow driver as its two lane all the way. I've never driven it when its work time traffic though it may move well. That's what makes that drive bad. I hate that road

(Bucks County)

My mom & sister currently live in Palmer, we grew up in So. Easton.

Anyplace North of Rt 22 would be fine.

With Rt 33 the area of Nazareth, Stockertown, etc. are only a few min from I-78 and Newark is another 45 min with night shift making the commute MUCH nicer than normal rush hours. I-78 turns into the NJ TPK spur thru Bayonne into Jersey City.

Holy Family in Nazareth is a nice parish they send to Notre Dame HS [I was class of '72] but there are good catholic churches through whole the area.

Rt 248 which connects Nazareth to Palmer has most of the major stores and there is a new mall off Rt 33 @ Freemansburg ave. You won't need to drive far to shop.

My mom sold her house in Reigelsville and moved into Palmer w/ my sister; she is so happy that doing anything, shopping, going to the doctor, etc. does not require a 30 minute drive, or longer, drive. Took her 6 months to use a tankful after her move.

(Bucks County)

My mom & sister currently live in Palmer, we grew up in So. Easton.

Anyplace North of Rt 22 would be fine.

With Rt 33 the area of Nazareth, Stockertown, etc. are only a few min from I-78 and Newark is another 45 min with night shift making the commute MUCH nicer than normal rush hours. I-78 turns into the NJ TPK spur thru Bayonne into Jersey City.

Holy Family in Nazareth is a nice parish they send to Notre Dame HS [I was class of '72] but there are good catholic churches through whole the area.

Rt 248 which connects Nazareth to Palmer has most of the major stores and there is a new mall off Rt 33 @ Freemansburg ave. You won't need to drive far to shop.

My mom sold her house in Reigelsville and moved into Palmer w/ my sister; she is so happy that doing anything, shopping, going to the doctor, etc. does not require a 30 minute drive, or longer, drive. Took her 6 months to use a tankful after her move.

I lived in upper bucks for 80% of my life. I live in montgomery now, and I miss bucks. Try nockamixon area. it's nice. Nockamixon state park is a nice park. Not sure what housing prices are like these days, but it'd be worth it.
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalicia105 View Post
    Actually I don't mind Toms River at all. I was originally a benny lol! Its one of the last republican counties left in NJ.Im in the suburbs with every store I need, alot of religion and values are still here. The schools are awesome and low property tax. I hate to leave.But NJ is a commie state and I cant stand the liberal horse shit.Interestingly enough Milford is less miles to JC but everyone recommends NH county, specifically Nazareth which google earth says is farther from JC. So how is a commute quicker in NH than Milford....highways??
    Nazareth to JC is almost all limited access interstates. Milford to JC miles you run over 30 miles of 206 and 15 and they suck.
    There is about a 10 mile difference but considering the highway and interstate speeds I could do Nazareth about 15 to 20 minutes quicker.

I didn't realize TR was Republican. No wonder my uncle likes the area. He was the director of industrial development when it was Dover Township and the name changed to Toms River Township.

(Pike County)

I am Born and Raised In Pike County, Still Live there. Its definitely a nice place to live, I live Back in the Mountains where its pretty Isolated. As far as commuting goes, if your looking into Bushkill, Dingmans, Milford, Lords Valley.... You would probably take Rt.206 to RT.15 to Rt.80 and from there make your way to Jersey City. With No traffic (Like that ever happens) its probably a 2hr drive at least.

I have seen this first hand, I dont mind it but alot of people arent used to it, if you need to go food shopping be prepared to drive 30-45 minutes, (Depending where you live). As far as the schools go in Pike County... I went to East Stroudsburg North, I will tell you this, Dont walk away from that school, Run! Its like Little Harlem, theres alot of City Infulence and since the time I was in elemantary school til I graduated the school population more than trippled in size. Back when I was in 8th grade they have our area a majority vote if they wanted to send us to Delaware Valley or ENS, They chose ENS... Delaware Valley is a much nicer and better school IMO.

I live in Bushkill right on the Dingmans Ferry border, I tend to do all my shopping in Dingmans and Milford, Its alot nicer than going South of Bushkill. Dingmans in my opinion has a very Country Home feeling. Theres a ton of Places to hunt in Pike County, all different species, I love being able to hunt a mile from my house.

Also just my 0.2 here, but Stay out of Monroe County, its very populated and I dont like it, very urbanized. Also Wayne County is really nice above Honesdale, rolling mountains and open land, but then again your adding considerable time to your commute to Jersey City.

Theres alot to take into consideration, but if theres any more questions feel free to ask.
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Monroe County)

Wonder how the OP made out with Sandy and if they found a place in Pa?

(Monroe County)

One thing you have to realize is that PA is not like NJ and NY where things are more clearly defined, in PA you can find one really nice town or neighborhood and right next to it lies a really shittty run down place its not as black and white as you might imagine.

Also out here the liberals /democrats are like Republicans back east not what you would imagine.

And dont believe what you hear about Monroe county being shitty its not true and Monroe has some of the top schools in the state with 5 kids that should be importtant to you.

Try to buy next to a state forest so your husband can shoot as much as he wants without complaints , on my own land i shoot a lot and the neighbors never complain, some of them shoot on their yard too, most of us up here escaped from NY and NJ too so we value our freedoms out here we moved here for it like you want to do so we dont bother each other, i move here from NYC 6 years ago.
    LOts of houses up here next to RT. 80 in Monroe and Pike area in the DWG area, but you might not get what you want to do like shooting your guns and riding your horses , check with the townships that you intend to live in , the townships determine most things out here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast