Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Dunkelberger's Is off Limits to me

I went in Dunkelberger's yesterday with a friend of mine he had Over $1000 burning a whole in his pocket. One guy started to help us. Then left to help another guy was there too (but came in after us). The first guy went and sold a gun to the other customer (FINE) make the sale. There was another guy there that did nothing but watch my friend and I look though the glass cases for about 20 mins. Then, I think was the manager was helping some newbie that came in after us too. He said he will be with us in a few mins. We waited and waited and waited.. While all this was going on, I saw the one guy STILL just watching us.He was DOING NOTHING!!!! I was a customer there before but everytime I went in there to buy or see whats new a younger rep was the only one that EVER helped me... He was not there yesterday. My main reason I am writing this is cause I do look young but not to young. I do feel they thought we were just some KIDS looking at something we can get or afford!!! In the last 6 months I have purchased 6 handguns. I have my LTCF. If someone from Dunkelberger's reads this know this YOU LOST A sale that could have been over $1000, Mind you that next time don't judge a book by's it cover!!! You never really know who is going to buy or how much they are into the sport..
    When you think, You think you know!

(Snyder County)

Default Re: Dunkelberger's Is off Limits to me

Quote Originally Posted by PweShay View Post
    I went in Dunkelberger's yesterday with a friend of mine he had Over $1000 burning a whole in his pocket. One guy started to help us. Then left to help another guy was there too (but came in after us). The first guy went and sold a gun to the other customer (FINE) make the sale. There was another guy there that did nothing but watch my friend and I look though the glass cases for about 20 mins. Then, I think was the manager was helping some newbie that came in after us too. He said he will be with us in a few mins. We waited and waited and waited.. While all this was going on, I saw the one guy STILL just watching us.He was DOING NOTHING!!!! I was a customer there before but everytime I went in there to buy or see whats new a younger rep was the only one that EVER helped me... He was not there yesterday. My main reason I am writing this is cause I do look young but not to young. I do feel they thought we were just some KIDS looking at something we can get or afford!!! In the last 6 months I have purchased 6 handguns. I have my LTCF. If someone from Dunkelberger's reads this know this YOU LOST A sale that could have been over $1000, Mind you that next time don't judge a book by's it cover!!! You never really know who is going to buy or how much they are into the sport..
    I agree 100% on this. I used to get that all the time. And still do.

But just out of curiosity, how old are you. And how would you describe your look? Prep? Skater? Goth? Frat? Hick? etc? And I know I can put myself into a couple different categories based on the day and what I am wearing/carrying myself. Just curious how you looked to them?

(Allegheny County)

I would have told them that they just lost at least a $1000 sale for not paying attention to the customer. I may have even flashed the money to prove a point. This has happened to me a couple of times, not in gun stores, mind you, but in circuit city or something like that. I always inform them of the sale that they lost.

(Luzerne County)

Should have laid the $1000.00 out onto the counter. then when the sales guy came over explain that they just lost the sale due thier lack of respect for the customer.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

happens to me also never thought to tell them they lost a sale but next time I will.

Jerry has gotten his last gun sale from me. His prices suck and his customer service is even worse. My wife bought a Kimber for me and the rear ste fell off the second range trip out. Jerry charged me $35.00 to put it back on.

I drive right past his store to get to American Shooting Sport. At least Rich stand behind his guns when something go wrong and his prices are way better.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    I agree 100% on this. I used to get that all the time. And still do.

But just out of curiosity, how old are you. And how would you describe your look? Prep? Skater? Goth? Frat? Hick? etc? And I know I can put myself into a couple different categories based on the day and what I am wearing/carrying myself. Just curious how you looked to them?
    White ,28 and I was wearing a hoody and a hat.. With my Work boots..
    When you think, You think you know!

i always find it funny when a salesman doesnt give me the time of day when i'm in one of my i've gotta have it now moods, i'll just goto the next store and buy no biggy, but i know i wont buy from a dipshit just so they dont get the commission so it can work both ways(athough gun shops usually arent comission).

(Northampton County)

I will be happy to sell you something !

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PweShay View Post
    White ,28 and I was wearing a hoody and a hat.. With my Work boots..
    Next time wear some pants and maybe they'll pay you more attention.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast