Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation .

Last edited by VeritasAequitas; August 3rd, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Wayne Trader Joe's OC Incident

Buy him a tooth brush and request he brush before he addresses you again. Now on a serious note...most stores have more than one manager, I'd find out who the others are and ask them what the corp. policy is. Then take it from there.

(Delaware County)

I would suggest contacting TJ corporate and getting a written statement of their corporate policy. I know the guy in the other thread did did and corporate said that the stores can do as they please or some such BS, but you should e-mail and contact corporate to find out the official policy.

Go from there.

(Beaver County)

I agree that you should contact corporate for their policy.The manager sounds like an A.Hat.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Northampton County)

This is interesting, It seems like TJ is a sponsor here at PAFOA

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    This is interesting, It seems like TJ is a sponsor here at PAFOA
    What do you mean?

(Chester County)

Correct me if I am wrong (I know you folks will!) but even if you download and print out the corporate policy and even if it says in big bold print "Handguns Welcome" and you point it out to anyone in the store - if an owner or employee of a store still asks you to leave you do indeed have to leave.

Of course, you are free to inform corporate of the local store's policy or to take your business elsewhere but for that particular visit you must leave.

The reason I am asking for clarification is this comes up with banks, Walmarts, Olive Gardens, etc.

(Chester County)

I'm the OP in the other thread.

I haven't heard anything on my request to corporate and it's been 7 days today. I'm wondering if I should contact them and simply ask for the contact information for the store manager and regional manager. I don't know if the guy that stopped us was the store manager, but for as many people said they OC there regularly, I have to imagine he's new on the team and maybe could use some training.

I'm pretty sure the Mike I spoke with didn't have an accent. I'm generally good at remembering things like that. I wonder if the Mike name tag is the one any of them put on when they have to "handle" a customer. The guy I spoke with definitely asked me to cover it when I come in from now on, and didn't mention that I couldn't have it in there. Seems like the hostility is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong (I know you folks will!) but even if you download and print out the corporate policy and even if it says in big bold print "Handguns Welcome" and you point it out to anyone in the store - if an owner or employee of a store still asks you to leave you do indeed have to leave.

Of course, you are free to inform corporate of the local store's policy or to take your business elsewhere but for that particular visit you must leave.

The reason I am asking for clarification is this comes up with banks, Walmarts, Olive Gardens, etc.
    It is my understanding that you are correct. If asked by a representative of the business to leave/cover up you must do so or you risk trespassing. Better to follow up with corporate and explain that an employee harassed you in clear violation of their own corporate policy.

In regards to WalMart, I've had some urban youth in the electronics section give me an attitude about OCing. I politely informed them that if they wanted to have a manager discuss the issue with me that would be acceptable. I find it best to speak with a manager when at all possible.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post

You're right. The reason behind getting the corporate policy is to let corporate know that one of their branch managers is turning away customers and not abiding by the policy. The idea is that the corporate office would take steps to rectify the situation. I would also contact the store manager and let him know his employees are turning away customers based on personal bias not compliant with the corporate policy. If the store manager is the one who is the problem (as it looks this time), I'll try corporate and RM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast