Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: glock trigger

(Montgomery County)

Default glock trigger

Just picked up a G27, my first glock. I took it to the range and all of my shots were low left. The guy at the range said it was a Glock thing and I needed to get used to the trigger. The factory sights looked "off" to me, but I am not sure that is the case. I have never had this issue with other guns. Is this common with the Glocks?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: glock trigger

Well, it certainly could be a sight/gun thing, but shooting low and to the left (for a right-handed) shooter is usually caused from slapping the trigger. It can also come from squeezing/torquing the grip while anticipating the recoil.

Without seeing you shoot and being able to examine the Glock/test shoot it, it is hard to give you a definitive answer.

Wink Re: glock trigger

Before tweaking anything try this,it has worked,Get 12 feet from target shoot 6 rounds,now where are your groups ? If the same at further distances need to be tweaked,But if Dead on,hand and trigger control are the remedy good luck and let us know how it worked out.

(Wayne County)

Well for one make sure you really work the reset. After you squeeze the trigger make sure you hold the trigger back and slowly let it forward until the striker resets. This cuts the travel of the trigger a bit allowing for a more accurate follow up shot and less motion/interaction. Very important for Glocks and other striker pistols......

More than likely your problem is wrist rotation. Are you extending your right arm all the way out? It is a very common thing for shooters to "over extend" the right arm a bit while grasping the pistol, jerking the trigger or as mentioned above anticipating recoil.

Heres an experiment

Put both hands out in front of you in a mock pistol grip until your elbows lock. Then push the right arm out even further....note it cants the right wrist pushing the barrel direction of the would be weapon you guessed it

Low and to the left......

Next time you are at the range try to very slowly extend your arms forward and primarily note the wrist posistion of both hands. Make sure your hands are squared up and one of them isnt canted. Focus on your sight picture and trigger pull ( again making sure the wrists are square through the squeeze) and your results should improve. You can always focus on these things at home during safe dry fire practice as well!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; August 24th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

I had that same problem with my Glocks the more you practice the better you will get. The Glock are easy Guns to shoot once you get use to the grip angle and short trigger. Getting better trigger control and control of the pistol will come with practice keep work with it.

I'm use to the long DA and crisp SA of the Beretta 92/96, now I shoot both just as accurate.
    Last edited by Neko456; August 24th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

(Northampton County)

I eliminated that problem by installing a fulcrum trigger system on both of my Gen 3's / I don't my glocks I just hate there triggers. As others have said plenty of practice does help. Fulcrum trigger system eliminates the problem but lightens your wallet a lot.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Cumberland County)

I always find this helpful and have it in my iphone so I can check it at the range with new guns
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I eliminated that problem by installing a fulcrum trigger system on both of my Gen 3's / I don't my glocks I just hate there triggers. As others have said plenty of practice does help. Fulcrum trigger system eliminates the problem but lightens your wallet a lot.
    Ive had time to work with the Fulcrum on my gen4 23 and I see now why you have so many good things to say about them. It really is that awesome. People I run into at the range cant believe its a Glock.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Allegheny County)

Too much finger in the trigger guard. Or jerking. Glock's are easy to push left, and if you're anticipating recoil from a pint sized .40 caliber handgun that weighs 19oz...

You're going to naturally want to jerk, flinch, not concentrate on the squeeze... etc.

Go shoot it again, or better yet, have someone who has a Glock shoot the gun.