Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New 45 coming in..one has to go.

Earlier this week I pulled the trigger on a colt series 70 Wiley Clapp govt model...

Considering that I have already own a couple of other 45's, I should probably get rid of one...

Choices are:

Kimber Crimson Carry II
    Springfield Armory SS loaded model
    SPringfield Armory LW operator

(Northampton County)

Default Re: New 45 coming in..one has to go.

I could not see any reason to get rid of a good 1911 pistol period unless you absolutely had to have have the cash. I let one go back in the early 80's because I needed cash and have always had regrets about that one . Plus it was pristine WW@ pistols that today would bring 4 times what I got for it back then. I say grow your 1911 collection.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I could not see any reason to get rid of a good 1911 pistol period unless you absolutely had to have have the cash. I let one go back in the early 80's because I needed cash and have always had regrets about that one . Plus it was pristine WW@ pistols that today would bring 4 times what I got for it back then. I say grow your 1911 collection.
    not that i really need the cash, Im just trying to be more reasonable these days about what I buy and what I keep...Not entirely convinced I need 4 1911's, and I also look at the colt as an "upgrade" of sorts over one of the ....

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    not that i really need the cash, Im just trying to be more reasonable these days about what I buy and what I keep...Not entirely convinced I need 4 1911's, and I also look at the colt as an "upgrade" of sorts over one of the ....
    Keep them. If you have kids, or grand-kids, or are hoping for either, then you will have something to pass down while keeping one or two for yourself.

And if you don't need the money, then you can simply queen it until you do, and you'll have something you can sell quickly.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    Keep them. If you have kids, or grand-kids, or are hoping for either, then you will have something to pass down while keeping one or two for yourself.

And if you don't need the money, then you can simply queen it until you do, and you'll have something you can sell quickly.

camper
    Yep. Unless you need to sell one of your 1911s for the money, I would keep them. If you are going to start down the "need" path, well if we were honest with each ourselves we probably only "need" one handgun.

Also, as was already mentioned, you never know if you might need to sell the firearms later - or give them to a relative for a special occasion. If it was me and I could afford it, I would keep all of the ones I have and buy the new one.

(Lehigh County)

if you don't need the cash and think 4 1911's are to many, and really want to get rid of one, trade it for another firearm you have been eyeing. this way you won't have so many 1911's and get something different to play with. personally, if you do not need the cash, keep it. i can't bring myself to sell anything, my wife keeps telling me i need to start downsizing, but i keep bringing more firearms home, she thinks 30+ is an obsession, i say it's just a hobby.

(Northampton County)

tonyfac's right and like I said I still have regrets about the one I lets go . I could see trading it for something else, but just dumping it for some cash. back when I sold mine I also had to part with a early colt ar as well ,had just got married and was starting my first business, I had no choice I needed money. Today I have about 40 pistols and I don't sell anything unless it's to get something else that I want more. My 1911's are not for sale I could actually us a few more of those . I only have 4 . Brian/EFR
    Last edited by Brian Ahearn; August 24th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Earlier this week I pulled the trigger on a colt series 70 Wiley Clapp govt model...

Considering that I have already own a couple of other 45's, I should probably get rid of one...

Choices are:

Kimber Crimson Carry II
    Springfield Armory SS loaded model
    SPringfield Armory LW operator
    My neigbor just announced that his wife is prego again...for the 8th times(Oldest is 13, and youngest is 18months)!
    Yet, he didn't say he should get rid of one or two kids he have already!.

Having said that, I don't understand why you need to get rid of such a fine weapons just because you got another one. But if you MUST, I'd let go the SS loaded.
    They are dime a dozen, and easily found. Operator is hard to find(although, I'm not fan of Aluminum framed 1911), and you need carry II for ..well.. Carry...
    Last edited by Mity2; August 24th, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Northumberland County)

You are totally correct you need to get rid of one of those guns. Simply send the one you choose to part ways with to me and I will properly dispose of it. PM for address.

Quote Originally Posted by Quigar57 View Post
    You are totally correct you need to get rid of one of those guns. Simply send the one you choose to part ways with to me and I will properly dispose of it. PM for address.
    You guys are all a bunch of "enablers"...

Decided to keep them all for now...I actually do like the Kimber as a carry weapon..

Picked up the Colt from Tanners on friday (they did the transfer). Have to admit there is really a world of difference between this Colt and the kimber and springfields I have. The series 70 is one serious hunk of metal, and almost makes the other 1911's I have look like toys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast