Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun permit

Default Gun permit

hello everyone

l am new here l wanted to ask a couple of questions.

l am planing to move to PA because l live in new york city a city where they don't let me exercise my right to bear arms.

l want to know if l can own,carry or open carry a firearm in PA.?

l was arrested one time in my life was when l was 21 years old now l am 23.
    l was arrested in the new york city for unlawful possession of a weapon l was charge with a A misdemeanor then then DA drop it to a B misdemeanor and a fine of $450, l plead guilty and toke the B misdemeanor and paid the fine no jail was given to me. the firearm was found in my apartment, unloaded, in a safe lock, that why it was a misdemeanor, now l am trying to get out of this state this is a terrible city no hope what so ever.

can l own a firearm?
    thanks

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Gun permit

You'll need to find out what the maximum sentence you could have received was. What you actually received isn't relevant.

Based on info found here and the info you provided, I don't think you are prohibited, but you need to find out definitively, so you can answer the necessary questions on purchase and license forms accurately and honestly.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lawrence County)

"New York Class A Misdemeanors are the most serious of misdemeanors and hold a punishment of up to twelve months in a county jail facility"
    New York Misdemeanor - MisdemeanorGuide.com
    misdemeanorguide.com/​New-York-misdemeanor.php

5 second google search, but looks promising...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Lawrence County)

I like guns... And boobs...

(Franklin County)

I can not say with 100% accuracy if you can own/carry/possess a firearm, but from what you describe I would not see why you wouldn't be able to. My suggestion to you is to get in contact with local or state law enforcement in the county/city you are planning to move too. Explain your situation and see what they have to say (if you're planning on moving to Philly, you may be better off staying in NYC. Just my opinion.) good luck to you, and congratulations for trying to fight for your rights. And if you do end up moving to pennsyltuckey, welcome! We've got our BS too, but at least when it comes to firearms are head is screwed on a little tighter than most states. Please keep us posted and let us know how you fair.

JB
    Obama hates me. White, male, employed, heterosexual, gun owner.

Wow. I don't want to pry but that's crazy they got into your residence and got a gun hidden away. I'm guessing someone must have reported you but I don't wanna pry. Being from long island myself I read up on the gun laws before moving to Philly for college and just to own a hand gun is a pita. Anyway as far as firearms go you will love PA! One of the best states for legal gun owners! You can open carry anywhere in PA except city of the first class which means over 1 million people I.e. Philly and u don't need a license to carry firearm. To conceal u need a ltcf and Philly its a requirement to open or conceal carry. Good luck with everything!

(York County)

usarmyac130 - (just wondering) why didn't you apply for a permit to begin with and why were the police in your apartment in the first place?
    Last edited by S&WOwner; August 23rd, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

Quote Originally Posted by vpnavy View Post
    usarmyac130 - (just wondering) why didn't you apply for a permit to begin with and why were the police in your apartment in the first place?
    Can't own a handgun or rifle even iirc.

(Jefferson County)

You shouldn't have a problem. However you might have to challenge a denial on any gun purchase or license application. PA's instant background check may not have the info on NY's gradings and punishments.

Should you get denied, a challenge would be simple. You'd just have to provide proof or your final judgment and proof of what the max possible sentence could have been.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

well l was going to apply. but l found out that l need to pay $450 and there no guaranty l would get a license of a license everyone had clean record and they wont give it to them. in nyc you have not right to bear arms at all. not even a BBgun or if it looks to close to real firearm you will go to jail and you cant have any mace or knife on you when you walk on the streets here.

mayor Bloomberg is out of control, gun control dont work here in nyc criminal in the street have guns and good people like me try to protect my family because the area where l like they kill people almost every week or there a robbery police don't care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast