Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Ridge and Valley rod and gun club eliminates guests

It has come to my attention that the board voted to disallow family members and non family guests. They decided they'd have to pay a $20.00 fee. This is against the by laws and the board did an illegal thing. I feel that the board is incompetent and should be thrown out. This should have been brought to a membership vote. This board , under Mike are completely overstepping their bounds. This must stop!
    Last edited by gojira70; August 23rd, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Zombies are people too....... well they were !

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ridge and Valley rod and gun club eliminates guests

Quote Originally Posted by gojira70 View Post
    It has come to my attention that the board voted to disallow family members and non family guests. They decided they'd have to pay a $20.00 fee. This is against the by laws and the board did an illegal thing. I feel that the board is incompetent and should be thrown out. This should have been brought to a membership vote. This board , under Mike are completely overstepping their bounds. This must stop!
    The only way to change it is either change out the Board or to file a lawsuit for the violation of the bylaws.

Just be careful that the bylaws don't say they can boot you out for any reason or for no reason.

(Montgomery County)

I haven't received any news letters stating no guests. And I haven't seen any postings around the range a couple of weeks ago when I shot last. They would have to send out some type of notification if they changed this policy. I'm betting this is just hearsay, but it would be nice if one of the board members chimed in on this.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Montgomery County)

Have you been to a meeting, or made contact with anyone on the board to confirm if what your heard is accurate?

If not, then I am not sure why you would choose to post here instead of using the club procedures to address your concerns. At every meeting the floor is open to the membership, perfect opportunity to bring up the issue.

(Bucks County)

I was there yesterday with my family, I was asked for my membership card, nothing was said about my family being there.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by woodsk View Post
    Have you been to a meeting, or made contact with anyone on the board to confirm if what your heard is accurate?

If not, then I am not sure why you would choose to post here instead of using the club procedures to address your concerns. At every meeting the floor is open to the membership, perfect opportunity to bring up the issue.
    Actually a co worker of mine just joined this month and was told that by 2 board members . I intend to go to the next meeting.

(Bucks County)

I talked to Fred this evening and the idea of a $20 fee, in addition to the regular membership fee, is being discussed by the board. This would be a voluntary fee that would allow member's to bring up three additional guest's. They would not have to be family members. Nothing has been voted on yet and it will be discussed at the next meeting.
    Last edited by Toxicodendron11; August 28th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicodendron11 View Post
    I talked to Fred this evening and the idea of a $20 fee, in addition to the regular membership fee, is being discussed by the board. This would be a voluntary fee that would allow member's to bring up three additional guest's. They would not have to be family members. Nothing has been voted on yet and it will be discussed at the next meeting.
    I'll have to attend the next meeting. But if this an optional fee for additional guests, I'd be in favor. There's been many times that I had to pick and choose which guest to bring. This would eliminate that. On a side note, my guests are now members regardless.

(Montgomery County)

I don't have a problem with it. In fact I wouldn't have a problem if my guests had to pay to shoot, provided those fees paid could be put towards a membership. My concern is that the board go about this the proper way. Certain board members walk around the range deseminating information prior to any votes .

(Montgomery County)

I don't have a problem with it. In fact I wouldn't have a problem if my guests had to pay to shoot, provided those fees paid could be put towards a membership. My concern is that the board go about this the proper way. Certain board members walk around the range deseminating information prior to any votes .
    I think what has happend is some of the board members are talking about what may or may not happen. The truth is that nothing has been decided on yet. Any changes that do take place will be voted on at the next meeting or possibly the meeting after that. Regardless, it will be voted on and not some back room deal. I haven't been to a meeting in several months but will be attending the next to hear what's going on.

As of what I gathered, they are planning on charging an optional fee for any guests outside of family members. This is to help cover range costs and would be a much better option than increasing all our dues. If you think about it, Ridge and Valley is by far the cheapest around. And many ranges charge guest fees or factor it into a member's yearly dues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast