Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ridge and Valley rod and gun club eliminates guests

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
    The only way to change it is either change out the Board or to file a lawsuit for the violation of the bylaws.

Just be careful that the bylaws don't say they can boot you out for any reason or for no reason.
    You idiots that bash Mike & the board members are real idiots that should be voted out of the club, you do not know what the board has to go through to keep the club running. Mike & the board members put in alot of their free time keeping the club solvent. there are about 1200 active members & who know's how many non members that shoot up the ranges, the range committee can not keep up with the idiots that keep shooting the backers on the ranges, one of the board members installed a new backer on the 25 yard range one Sat morning, within two hours someone shot 7 holes into it, now what kind of club member would do that ? It's no wonder that the board is considering charging a 20.00 fee for 3 members as guest, (As for the family guests, I belong to other clubs & their bylaws are for the family that lives in your house only, not your extended family.) Use some common sense if you have any. it cost money to replace those backers every time someone shoots them to pieces. Instead of you bashing the board, you should be spending you free time roaming the club grounds & catching the idits causing all the damages. The club will have no choice but to charge a guest fee or raise everyone's memberships. I try to attend the monthy meetings & only see a handful of members, The board always gives the members a chance to have the floor to voice their opinion. Don't be a follower, be a leader & show up at all the meetings & get the truth & not hear say that you are posting here on this forum. If you or any other Ridge & Valley member has a problem with the way the club is being run, then show up at the meetings & voice your opinion to the board/get involved. This BS always shows up here prior to the election to cause trouble. Grow up would you.
    Last edited by 69camarofreak; September 13th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK007 View Post
    I think what has happend is some of the board members are talking about what may or may not happen. The truth is that nothing has been decided on yet. Any changes that do take place will be voted on at the next meeting or possibly the meeting after that. Regardless, it will be voted on and not some back room deal. I haven't been to a meeting in several months but will be attending the next to hear what's going on.

As of what I gathered, they are planning on charging an optional fee for any guests outside of family members. This is to help cover range costs and would be a much better option than increasing all our dues. If you think about it, Ridge and Valley is by far the cheapest around. And many ranges charge guest fees or factor it into a member's yearly dues.
    I really don't have a problem paying extra. But I expect better range conditions. Ranges get shot up, it's a gun range, it's going to happen. Why then do I see the 100 yd range collapsed? Where is the extra money going? If I pay extra and other people as well, I want to make sure that the money getsvused properly! The board MUST put any proposed changes to the By- Laws by notifying by mail, every member and voted on at 3 consecutive meetings. They have to do it by the book , regardless of Stan's attitude of " if they don't like the can go somewhere else" . This club is a Members run club. We need to keep it that way.
    Zombies are people too....... well they were !

You are right, the club is a shooting club, but I was brought up to be respectful of other's property, if you take a close look at the frames for the ranges, you will see hundreds of shots in them.When i go to the club I hang my target within the frame work & only shoot at the target, the club would be happy to only have to replace the rubber backer instead of the frame work.If you bring a new rifle with a new scope on it, have it bore sighted first or start at the 25 yard range to sight it in,there is no reason for all the damages at the ranges. People are shooting the frame work just for the fun of it, when you see damage within 2 hours of something being replaced, you know that is on purpose,the club does not have unlimited funs to replace range damage every week. Maybe the club should think about charging 100.00 per member & no guest,that way the club would know if the damage is being done by members or someone's guest that has nothing invested in the club.If the guest are doing the damage, this would eliminate some of the damages. The range guys as well as the board members are all volunteer's. we should all be a responsible club member & shoot only at the target within the frame work. get involved with the club in doing something about it instead of bashing the club & it's board.these thought's are for all Ridge & Valley members to think about.

(Montgomery County)

I agree, but if you're going to charge that much then we need access to a rest room for females at least.

Everybody please view the photo's uploaded, also take a walk up to the ranges & look at the back stops. You will see the damage done to the ranges in a matter of hours, this has gotta stop. It's ashame that we have club members & their guest destroying club property. I call on all club members & their guest to be responsible for their actions on club grounds. Some club members are hoping that the club will be around for their kids to use. By looking at the photo's, no one can say that they are miss placed shots.That is abuse/misuse of club property. (nobody is that bad of a shot at 25 yards)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 69camarofreak; August 30th, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I was there today and did not shoot at 25 yards. So we change the by laws the proper way , by sending a letter to EVERY club member then have a membership vote for 3 consecutive meetings , if it passes all three votes then it's done. Question will Life Members have to abide by the same fee? If you do for 1 then you must do for all. Who will police this? How do I know that friends of board members won't just let their friends not pay? I'm all for charging a non family member a fee to shoot for the day. Allow that money to go towards a membership within 60 days or so. I'm going to bring my own target stand and backs so screw it. I would also like to know why as a paying member I haven't access to a bathroom or at least running water? I think that's fair. I don't deliberately destroy other people's property. Why is there not a gate that needs a pass code to keep members out? There are a lot of things that can and should be done for dues paying members that isn't .

(Lehigh County)

I'm a member at Ridge and Valley. My family and I are usually there atleast once a week. Every once in a while, I will bring guests with me to the range. I absolutely appreciate the facilities and make sure any member of my family or guest with me respects the people and ranges and the rules. It absolutely pisses me off to know some people have such a complete lack of reguard for the welfare of the range. I mean really, there are bullet holes in some of the brass buckets, and both tables at the pistol range. I wouldnt have much of an issue with charging a nominal fee for guests. Something reasonable, like $5 a head and maybe a drop box in the sign in shed. We need to figure out who is blatantly breaking the rules and weed those people out.

Rick

(Bucks County)

I would have no problem with it. I was drove down to the pistol range after using the rifle range to find the steel plates inoperable. A little looking on the ground found the nut and bolt for the reset bar on the ground. Two second fix, but it was left for someone else to fix.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Lehigh County)

I'm with woodsk. If you have a problem with something you heard, [I]go to the meetings[/I]. Voice your opinion. Vote. But to bring it here, to a public forum in front of folks who are largely not members of R&V, without even doing the barest amount of research, is sophomoric.
    Every club has a continuum of members...from those who show up and do damage to selfless individuals who give their time and money without telling the whole world about it. I'm hoping we attract more of the selfless kind...but if you continue to air your concerns in this manner, anyone would think twice before joining. Just paying your dues is often not enough. Others, many others, are giving their time as well.
    I'm very old and have made many mistakes, so please give me the benefit of listening to some hard-earned advice. Before one goes running off and yelling that the sky is falling, it is always a good thing to make sure one knows what he or she is talking about....unless, of course, you're training for a job in the news media.
    No offense intended, I've been a member for decades. See you at the range.

(Berks County)

What Bill said. And that should go for any gun club, not just Ridge and Valley. If you have a problem, take it up at a meeting or with someone who can clarify your issue. Stop pissing and moaning on a public forum and baring business before the world - it's not any of their concern. You make the club look bad, and if you have any shame, you make yourself look bad, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast