Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Extra fingerprints ltcf in Philly

Got an odd question but I need to get a set of prints done for school. Since I have yet applied for my ltcf I figured since Philly is so kind at going out of their way to print applicants do you think they would do a second set for me to have?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Extra fingerprints ltcf in Philly

I think you'd have to call and check with them. Philly uses a machine to directly scan your fingerprints into the system so they don't actually ink you for a card. A little water on your fingertips and those onto a glass plate.

In theory they'd still be able to do ink fingerprints in case the machine is down, but that almost makes to much sense to be possible.

Ok. Thanks for the input. Figured I'd ask before calling and being on hold forever.

Edit: just got off the phone which surprisingly didn't take long but they said no. They won't do seperate prints. Oh well.
    Last edited by Wildbill990; August 23rd, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

(Chester County)

PSP will do them for background checks.

I got mine done by Campus PD last time I needed them.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Cumberland County)

I'm confused. Since when do you need prints for a LTCF?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    Got an odd question but I need to get a set of prints done for school. Since I have yet applied for my ltcf I figured since Philly is so kind at going out of their way to print applicants do you think they would do a second set for me to have?
    What school?
    And for what reason do they need your fingerprints?
    If THEY want your prints, AND it's for a legitimate reason!, then THEY should provide the resources and materials.

I know of no school in Philadelphia that requires your fingerprints for ANY reason, can you elaborate on why the school needs your prints?

Fingerprints are like your Social Security number; guard them at all costs.

If you feel you want to give your personal information and fingerprints to a school, then feel free to PM me, and I'll direct you.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    I'm confused. Since when do you need prints for a LTCF?
    Philadelphia likes to make up new state rules in regards to getting your LTCF.
    Last edited by KALASH69; August 23rd, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

(Delaware County)

Schools now do require fingerprints for certain occupations, Three types of clearances are required. The FBI clearance requires printing and school districts use a Company/Service called Cogent with locations all over the place. There is lots of information on the web so won't bother to duplicate it. The system is quite the opposite of prints for anything gun related. Its pretty much hassle free.

The below is taken right off PA web site.

"Act 114 of 2006 specifies that all applicants for employment in public and private schools including employees of independent contractors, but excluding employees who do not have direct contact with students undergo background checks. In addition, Act 114 extends the background check requirements to include student teacher candidates. As of April 1, 2007 the following three background checks are required:

1. Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check (Act 34). Applies to individuals hired as of January 1, 1986.
    2. Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151).
    3. Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) in a manner prescribed by the Department of Education"
    Last edited by timdennis; August 24th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    Schools now do require fingerprints for certain occupations, Three types of clearances are required. The FBI clearance requires printing and school districts use a Company/Service called Cogent with locations all over the place. There is lots of information on the web so won't bother to duplicate it. The system is quite the opposite of prints for anything gun related. Its pretty much hassle free.

The below is taken right off PA web site.

"Act 114 of 2006 specifies that all applicants for employment in public and private schools including employees of independent contractors, but excluding employees who do not have direct contact with students undergo background checks. In addition, Act 114 extends the background check requirements to include student teacher candidates. As of April 1, 2007 the following three background checks are required:

1. Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check (Act 34). Applies to individuals hired as of January 1, 1986.
    2. Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151).
    3. Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) in a manner prescribed by the Department of Education"
    Yup. Went tonight to get them done. It didn't cost extra since you have to pay $28 for the FBI check anyway. I had them digitally done and was very fast, never been printed before but getting it done by ink I'm sure is much messier and a pita. Oh and this had to be done since I'm in nursing school and will be working in hospitals.

(Delaware County)

I worked at a school district once and had this all done and keep it active cause of volunteer work. While going thru the process I thought ,"Why not let PA residents and taxpayers use this for other things such as non resident permits from other states?" Even charge us a fee if necessary, but don't make people go thru hassles like they are now. Being turned away from State Police Barracks, County Sheriffs, your own Municipal Police, etc.
    Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast