Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: top prosecutor is refusing to enforce a law he considers unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasbalddog View Post
    Hmmm. I don't see anything about Marriage in the Constitution at all.

So maybe Government should stop making laws/rulings on something they have no power over?
    ?
    DAMN FUCKING STRAIGHT!

Oh, I'm sorry--was I supposed to say, "Oh no! I LIKE that particular usurpation of unconstitutional power, so I guess I'll go ahead and shit on the Constitution after all!"? I never remember to say what I'm supposed to.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: top prosecutor is refusing to enforce a law he considers unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    I agree with his intentions but not his methods. We are a nation of laws for a reason...
    We are a constitutional republic. Upholding the Constitution is everyone's job, and nullifying unconstitutional laws, by refusing to obey or enforce them, is everyone's job. That includes presidents refusing to sign them, cops and judges refusing to enforce them, prosecutors refusing to prosecute, juries refusing to convict, state and local legislatures overriding the laws, people refusing to obey, and, ultimately, states seceding if they see no recourse.

The idea that SCOTUS, and only SCOTUS, can nullify an unconstitutional law is a lie started by, you guessed it, SCOTUS. The founders had no such intention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123