Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year - HB 2569 Rep Cruz -2012 effort

Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year -HB 2569 Rep Cruz - introduced Aug 20, 2012

HB 2569 is basically HB 760 from the 2007-2008 session.

Guessing Rep Cruz hasn’t been getting bugged enough by gun owners, to feel confident enough to reintroduce this concept again or maybe it for show and PR for election day.

Realistically & to be honest with you at this late point in 2012 this concept of Firearm registration with a 10 buck annual per firearm tax isn’t going to pass in this session.

The 2013-2014 session is going to be up and coming battle IF introduced then and depending on the election outcome on Nov 6, 2012 it could be a legislative war for the activist in PA RKBA if they have the votes to pass this in PA.

Read here of past effort and how it got squashed hard by gun owners

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/464...ntroduced.html
    10 tax per firearm per year - HB 760 reintroduced

This BELOW was the summary of HB 760 and with a quick review seems to be HB 2569 once again with a new bill number slapped on by the LRB in 2012
    HB 760 – ALL Firearms Registration Act.

INTRODUCED BY CRUZ, YOUNGBLOOD, PARKER, WHEATLEY, BENNINGTON AND CURRY

1) You are required to register all of your firearms with the PA state police, other than machine guns or “antique firearms”.

2) Beginning with, and every year after registration begins, you are required to submit or provide all the following personal information in your renewal application for every firearm you own:

- Your name

- Your home address

- Your business address

- Your telephone number

- Your birth date

- Your social security number

- Your age & citizenship

- The name, make, model, manufacture, caliber or gauge and serial number for

every firearm.

- Two passport sized photos taken less than 30 days prior to your renewal.

- $10 per firearm application fee every year.

- You also must submit your fingerprints to the PA state police.

3) If you are approved to continue to own your firearms, you will be issued an owner’s registration certificate with your photo, along with your other personal information, for each firearm. You must carry it at all times with that firearm, and you must show “your papers” to any police officer upon demand.

4) Your additional duties as a registered firearm owner:

- You must notify the state police within 48 hours of the loss, theft or destruction of a firearm, or the registration certificate for it.

- Any change of any information on the registration certificate must be reported within 48 hours.

- If you sell one of your registered guns or buy or transfer a firearm, you must notify the state police not less than 48 hours prior to delivery.

- You must return to the state police the original registration certificate for any firearm is lost, stolen, destroyed or disposed of with 48 hours.

5) You must keep any firearm in your possession unloaded and disassembled or bound by trigger lock or stored in a gun safe unless the firearm is in your immediate possession or under control at your home, your business, or while you are still allowed to use it in lawful recreational purposes.

6) The PA state police are empowered to make up any additional rules or regulations that they deem fit to allow you the privilege of keeping your registered firearms.

The proposed fee is only $10 per firearm, however expect future increases to fully administer all sections of this act. Also watch the summary offense for violating any section of this act change to a misdemeanor or a felony, with real jail time and a very large fine.

Read the text of HB 2569 and consider the implications to you IF this concept would be passed into PA law.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=2569

Sponsors:

CRUZ, THOMAS, YOUNGBLOOD, PARKER, JAMES, M. O'BRIEN and JOSEPHS

On the opposite side is Rep Metcalfe HB 2356 MAKING it illegal for Firearm registration in PA beyond the ROS & PICS reguired in UFA.
    (for those that don’t pay enough attention to what HBG politicians are up to)

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=2356

BTW personal comment it sure was fun taking a large group of gun owners to politely & passionately express their feeling about this concept in the past to Rep Cruz in person to watch the expression on his face in HBG office
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year - HB 2569 Rep Cruz -2012 ef

Reserving spot for future comment and or updated info will delete if not used in future
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Default Re: Firearm registration w/ a 10 tax per firearm per year - HB 2569 Rep Cruz -2012 ef

If I understand HB 2356 correctly then if passed it should end the PSP Record of Sale computerized database.
    Last edited by Mosinshooter762; August 22nd, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Man I would love to call their offices and tell them what I think of them, and not nicely.

Complete idiots with "Feel good" BS.

I was irritated reading this. Then I got to this:

3) If you are approved to continue to own your firearms, you will be issued an owner’s registration certificate with your photo, along with your other personal information, for each firearm. You must carry it at all times with that firearm, and you must show “your papers” to any police officer upon demand.
    Fuck that! They should get papers to continue to be idiots.

$10 on each. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I was always told if I have nothing nice to say, not say it. So that's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Venango County)

All I can say is that the bill, should it become law, would be MY tipping point.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Dauphin County)

Email sent to my Representative Ron Marsico expressing opposition to this bill and asking for his position on it.
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    All I can say is that the bill, should it become law, would be MY tipping point.
    I have to agree with TaePo it would be my tipping point also.
    [SIGPIC]

What a complete piece of shit. I will write to all of my Reps and let them know how I feel about this. This is going too far. Enough is enough. Thank you WhiteFeather for posting this. Rep as soon has it lets me.
    [SIGPIC]

Where do i sign up?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    BTW personal comment it sure was fun taking a large group of gun owners to politely & passionately express their feeling about this concept in the past to Rep Cruz in person to watch the expression on his face in HBG office
    And I'd love to be there next time we politely and passionately express our feelings.

So...let's see...

• frontdoor mandatory registration
    • backdoor lost-and-stolen, Section 5 (1) and (2)
    • DC-style unloaded and locked away storage requirements at home, Section 5 (3)
    • Section 5 (3) also kinda doesn't include public carry in the list of places you are except from having an unloaded and unlocked firearm

If I'm being polite, this is a load of crap. Who's this by?

Cruz - North Philly
    Thomas - Center City/North Philly
    Youngblood - Germantown
    Parker - NW suburbs
    James - South Philly
    Michael O'Brien - Hipsterville and NE Philly
    Josephs - Center City

Hmmm...seems like a bunch of Philly reps got together on vacation and threw this together. Can't wait to see how many more of my fine city's distinguished legislators sign on. Brownlee will get an earful if she does...now if you'll excuse me, I need to write off some emails to reps from nearby neighborhoods...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast