Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Turkissh 9mm and clones-TP-9, Stingray9,and SarST10

Hi Brian /from EFR here , a short while ago I started a thread about Turkish 1911's and the Sar K-2 all of which turned out to be very well made and accurate shooters as well. Well this thread is about some of there 9mm siblings. First up is the TP-9 a striker fired pistol with a interesting decocker. Holds 18 rounds in the mag, is light weight poly frame and came with a holster with both a paddle and belt loop style mount and 1 extra mag. In the accuracy dept this one needs help,the fixed sights shoot 6 to 8 inches low at 7 yards. The trigger pull is
    terrible and long. It did however feed flawlessly for 400 rounds with zero malfunctions -cost $349.00-would require adjustable rear sight and plenty of training on the lousy trigger to be good with this one- thumbs down on this one, but I liked the decocker feature. The stingray 9 is a cz clone with a rail in the compact size range. This one is all steel and very heavy-shot accurately to point of aim and also feed flawlessly, holds 13 rounds in the mag ,1 spare mag,and came with adjustable rear sight and a loaded chamber indicator. A lot of features for $349.00- a good buy. For carry purposes I would look for one of these with an alloy frame. My favorite is the Sar ST10 a very nice clone of an HK usp 9 for $460.00 ,this was as nice as any Hk I own. Shoots fantastic ,could take out soda or beer cans at 25 yards all day long with this one. It has 2 neat features ,first it has an aluminum alloy frame instead of polymer. Second you can lower the hammer and shoot double action for your first shot,or you can carry cocked and locked with the safety.
    It came with a holster ,mag carrier and 1 extra mag. It is an excellent pistol for the price ,this one will stay in my collection for sure and I will get more mags to go with it. If you are local to Easton Pa and would like to try any of the 6 Turkish pistols look me up or send me a message. Later this year Sar has a striker fired pistol coming out I will pick that one up for testing as well. Here's some pics.

www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Turkissh 9mm and clones-TP-9, Stingray9,and SarST10

I want to see the SAR CM9. It looks like a P07 duty.

(Northampton County)

Do you have a pic of the Sar C9 ?

(Northampton County)

I found a pic of one and some info the Sar C9 looks to borrow heavily from the Witness poly lineup ,it will come in a variety of colors including pink for the ladies. It looks a lot like its based off the Cz design ,but according to sar it borrows a lot off a Bernadelli design. I would like to see one of those in person.

(Philadelphia County)

Good stuff. Your last Turkish pistol recommendation worked out well for me. I'll add pics as soon as I get to shoot it.