Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default What lights do you use on your combat shotgun/rifle?

I'm looking for a light for my Mossberg M590A1 SPX. I have used Streamlight Polytacs in the past on my 930 and 870, broken two on the 870 but the 930's Polytac still works fine. I replaced the last Polytac with a Surefire G2X Tactical but haven't field tested it yet. I prefer single-mode, handheld design lights. Dual mode lights annoy me because I hate having to click it multiple times to find the output I want.

I'm looking at a Surefire 6PX Defender. It's the only single output light (in the $100 range at least) that Surefire makes with a CLICKY tailcap. I hate the twist on tailcap on my G2X. HATE IT!

Anyway, what do you use on your guns?

(Pike County)

Default Re: What lights do you use on your combat shotgun/rifle?

A pasta strainer over a red lamp makes an awesome laser for a shotgun.
    Je suis déplorable

(Allegheny County)

Surefire G2l and streamlight tlr-2. Have yet to have a single problem with either.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Maglite.

(Montgomery County)

on my 14" barrel HK/Benelli M1S90 entry gun, I have an surefire light forend with a 493 lumen P60 LED lamp upgrade.

its insane bright.

"Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

That is a tasty meatball!

(Bucks County)

I have a Surefire C2 mounted on my AR, and a Streamlight Polytac LED on my shotgun. I'm happy with both. The Surefire looks pretty cool with the square body.

(Allegheny County)

OP,

Have you looked at the eotech integrated forend light? I haven't handled one, but eotech makes great products, and it looks like a very nice forend. It's probably the most streamlined option out there. They run just over $200.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

OP,

Have you looked at the eotech integrated forend light? I haven't handled one, but eotech makes great products, and it looks like a very nice forend. It's probably the most streamlined option out there. They run just over $200.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    OP,

I held a Mossberg with one of those at a gunshow and didn't like it. At all. It's HUGE, roughly the size of a two regular forends.

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I have a Surefire C2 mounted on my AR, and a Streamlight Polytac LED on my shotgun. I'm happy with both. The Surefire looks pretty cool with the square body.
    Do you actually shoot that shotgun? I've personally broken two Polytacs on my 870 and on the shotgun world forum there are plenty of others who've had the same problem. I'd suggest you try something else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast